proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I bought this stone from a guy in the UK who cleans out house's of people who have passed away. He said he found it in a old wooden toolbox along with some other things. The stone needed some cleaning and lapping when I got it but it looked like it was hardly used. It cleaned up very nice and I lapped it. It measures the typical 6×2×7/8 for a Barbers Delight. The box is in pretty good shape and all the lables are intact, which is nice. I didn't know Escher produced this color in a Barbers Delight until I did some research. It's a cloudy looking hone I don't know if you can tell from the pics posted. It produces a very fine and smooth edge. Thanks for all the pictures you guys post of your awesome hones.

^
If you meant the one in the Scheifmittel box, I'm fairly certain that it's not a BD.

Can you explain

Actually the best would be if the stone would still own the original label on the backside. Box looks very good and ok....but if the stone doesnt own a label it could be that it was not the original one. What color is ist? Grey, dark-blue?

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
proxy.php

Both on the left are with original labels. All three are yellow-green stones, two of them dual layered with dark-blue
I’ve never owned a BD, but almost all of the ones I’ve seen have been YG, and many of those were dual layered.

Yellow green Escher. It measures 6×2× almost 7/8's and it's a very fast hone, I couldn't get anything going when I first got it. After a few honing sessions I realized it's fast and you got to get off of it.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Found this Escher last weekend but did not look closely at it until today. A huge 9 x 2 stone that is showing its age. The label is just barely there and flaking off. Overall very dirty. I will seal the label than lap. I think this is a candidate for wild find of the year

9A1E3CEE-42A1-4B19-A076-E558F818E0EB-185-0000001F1C93FC66.jpg
B824E7B8-E526-4BA4-A547-2B0112EC3AE1-185-0000001F51D3EF29.jpg
B9664DCB-C196-453A-ADF6-54E4924E6F55-185-0000001F8D682DB2.jpg
9BFAE0B9-37E7-48E8-A05F-C0F2FC277A60-185-0000001FC82073B4.jpg
B1C371D6-7046-4F11-B0A6-8B1CE940CFE6-185-0000001FF95CD14B.jpg

Yellow green Escher. It measures 6×2× almost 7/8's and it's a very fast hone, I couldn't get anything going when I first got it. After a few honing sessions I realized it's fast and you got to get off of it.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

That’s a nice one! It looks just like mine, except mine is in a rickety old box.... Fantastic acquisition!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Escher Barbers Delight & unlabeled cloudy thuringian. The yellow green Escher Barbers Delight and the dual color light green Eschers Barbers Delight are very fast and wonderful hones, a real pleasure to use no doubt, but the cloudy unlabeled thuri is not second to either. It's a very nice stone and just as good. They are are thuringian hones the labels just cost more [emoji23].
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom