What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

So many fine razors. When I was young there was a hit song "The One and Only" well this is The One and... well not the Only, but certainly The One.

Over the years I've owned many Heljestrand CVH MK No.32 razors. I dropped the first one so bad that it went to Valhalla. This specimen was the second one I got. I've never had a bad 32, but somehow this one is very special to me. Today it once again gave me an unbelievable close shave far beyond what any other razor does. The expression BBS doesn't cover the shave result at all.

The funny thing is that I was glad that I once again escaped without any loss of blood. I held the 32 by the scales in my right hand and reached out for a towel with my left hand when I felt how the blade folded and the razor very gently closed over my hand giving me a cut over the back of my hand. This razor truly is after my blood and it's ready to get at by any means.:yikes:

Oh yes, if you're looking for a new brush I strongly recommend this new Zenith extra soft horse hair brush. It looks great, but performs even better.

I wish you all a great day.
20180317_073845.jpg

Klas Törnblom
Well, I had to revisit the KT because of the wonderful shave I had with it earlier in the week. It’s truly a fantastic shaver. I don’t know if it’s the Swedish steel or what but it’s a smooth shaver.
B71C1A58-1A00-43EC-A5AB-7E885D022FA5.jpeg

HAVE A GREAT DAY SHAVERS

Managed to get in a hot towel wet shave in NYC this week at this gem near 57th and 10th. I highly recommend dropping in if you're ever closeby.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many fine razors. When I was young there was a hit song "The One and Only" well this is The One and... well not the Only, but certainly The One.

Over the years I've owned many Heljestrand CVH MK No.32 razors. I dropped the first one so bad that it went to Valhalla. This specimen was the second one I got. I've never had a bad 32, but somehow this one is very special to me. Today it once again gave me an unbelievable close shave far beyond what any other razor does. The expression BBS doesn't cover the shave result at all.

The funny thing is that I was glad that I once again escaped without any loss of blood. I held the 32 by the scales in my right hand and reached out for a towel with my left hand when I felt how the blade folded and the razor very gently closed over my hand giving me a cut over the back of my hand. This razor truly is after my blood and it's ready to get at by any means.:yikes:

Oh yes, if you're looking for a new brush I strongly recommend this new Zenith extra soft horse hair brush. It looks great, but performs even better.

View attachment 868188
Arne, it’s something about that Swedish steel I guess. Great razor, my friend. You are not by yourself I got a cut on my finger this morning from the KT

View attachment 868188

Well done Arne, I only hope I’ll find one before they are all gone.... Careful there, if you chop your hand off, you’ll have to shave, strop, and hone one handed!

Well done Arne, I only hope I’ll find one before they are all gone.... Careful there, if you chop your hand off, you’ll have to shave, strop, and hone one handed!
The last 32 in good condition I saw was sold for twice the sum of my maximum bid. The price of Swedish really bad garbage a.k.a. razors has gone up considerably.

One handed straight razor shaving sounds like an interesting concept. So I'll just have to chop off a hand and go for it. I have to think about it. Who knows i might be a trend setter. Somehow if feels like I've missed something important.

Today’s choice was a custom Riga using a vintage Rex boar along with a Irisch Moos triple dose.

View attachment 868276

Oooooooo unobtainium!!!!!! I started wet shaving right after Irisch Moos was discontinued, I’ll forever be saddened that I never had an opportunity to purchase this soap.. I do own the splash, it’s top notch stuff! Gorgeous razor there too!

Ern Persian 5/8
Tabac
RazoRock Plissoft Barber Handle
Alum, Witch hazel, Thayer's Rose, Proraso styptic gel, water, Nivea Sensitive ASB (can you tell it was a terrible shave yet? I think this needs a rehone before I attempt it again)

Top Bottom