What's new

The Badger Den

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Okay! Tomorrow night! My parents have been here all week and I don’t drink in front of them. I am sure they wouldn’t care but I am 53 and have never had an alcoholic beverage in front of them and see no reason to start now.

I have had 4 bottles of Hennessy VSOP sitting in my liquor cabinet for years. Have never tried it. My break out a bottle one of these evenings!!

With 4 bottles, you pop one, either you like it and go through them, or you hate it, and regift the other 3 to make room for more in the cabinet. I see that as a win/win scenario. lol

martym

Was just texting with my oldest.
She’s just booked a flight to spend her fall break in Spain. She just went to Poland last week. Will spend 2 weeks in Paris at school and then Fall Break. You’re killing me Smalls.
I need a drink!!
Hell, I’ve never even been to Paris, Texas

Maybe try Hennessy tonight if my parents leave early enough. I don’t drink alcohol in front of them.

martym

What a brutal day.
I had 5, yes that’s right, 5 kids assigned to me today to entertain!
23 to 27
Wet behind the ears.
I quit training years ago. Somebody thought it would be funny.
It was brutal!
I did my best.
I would love to go to the ranch by myself and relax but I have to work again tomorrow so I think I’ll have a drink!!
Did I say it was a brutal day?
Oh my goodness!
That is all!!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I hate showing one person the ropes, five would just send me around the bend.

I'm on leave, since Friday and have already been rung twice in the evening by work.
Does your ranch have cell phone coverage? Do you mind if I park up there for a few days?
A friend of mine has a batch in the wop wops, it has not cell phone coverage, no power either.
Hunting & fishing, drinking with good friends and talking crap, cooking over fire.........bliss, pure bliss.....maybe I need to go there. :)

martym

Cell service is spotty. Text messages work most of the time. We are 6 1/2 miles off the main road. We have a 10’ fence around the camp. We have 2 ponds. 1 with Bass and the other with catfish. Deer and hogs for hunting.
Deer season opens 1st weekend in November. And we have hookups for 3 travel trailers-water and septic!
It’s a beautiful place in the middle of nowhere!!!

martym

I have finally relaxed for the 1st time since Halloween!
My oldest is back snug as a bug in a rug in her apartment in Paris.
It’s weird, she left for boarding school one month after her 14th birthday and has not lived at home since. She just turned 23 and this was the 1st time on one of her foreign trips that I was truly worried about her/for her safety!
I’m trying to figure this one out!
Elijah Craig 12 year is helping me to thinkafi

martym

I’m thinking the civil unrest in Spain is what did it for me!

martym

See. I was all messed up with worry and thinking last night.
I forgot to say that she had been traveling thru Spain since Halloween. I think I had been living on adrenaline and last night after she texted me that she was home my body crashed. I feel great today!

I can’t believe I left out the meat of the story; the reason for my worry! What a maroon!!!!

martym

Do you ever have one of those days where everything turns to poop?
I’ve had a whole week like that.
I wish I had a mulligan.
I guess a glass of Jack Daniel Silver Select will have to suffice!

martym

Last night I didn’t have a glass cuz it would have made things worse. But tonight is nice and relaxing.

This weekend I am going to the ranch. Hopefully a few hogs will walk into my sights. Maybe even a cull buck or doe. It’s about tamale making time!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Last night I didn’t have a glass cuz it would have made things worse. But tonight is nice and relaxing.

Good call, Marty. It took me many years to come to that understanding.

c4d0c865af2f8fa19a013ef9389da1e0.jpg

Top Bottom