What's new

I know it's a New but which one?

Its already got all the cleaning I'm going to do to it. I used scrubbing bubbles, a soft tooth brush and a VERY light metal polish. I had no idea! I'll definitely be a little more cautious now! Thanks for the insight.

Now just shave with it and let us know your thoughts. I found it a great shaver!

Yes sir! I'm already planning out my morning shave right now. Its probably going to involve some Tabac and Shulton old spice! Keep it nostalgic.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My feeble eye says it's the 17mm wide baseplate. Many people find it more comfortable that the 15mm wide baseplate. I have them both; the 17 in naked brass (not anything as shiny as yours!) and the 15 replated in nickle by Chris E. at RazorPlate. I think you have got yourself a keeper, and should enjoy it for a long time!

Yes sir! I'm already planning out my morning shave right now. Its probably going to involve some Tabac and Shulton old spice! Keep it nostalgic.

a0me51xY_700wa_0.gif

It could just be the lighting in your photos. Brass will be more of a copper color than gold. Here is my new that is polished brass with a plated bottom plate. Note the difference in color. The brass will discolor and stain pretty quickly if the plating is gone.View attachment 810431 View attachment 810432

No, some News and Techs have red brass parts, yellow brass does not look copper at all, it looks yellow or "gold" in color. Red brass looks like copper because it has a higher copper content.
The OP's razor is bare brass, it has way too much wear on the handle to still have any plating left.

No, some News and Techs have red brass parts, yellow brass does not look copper at all, it looks yellow or "gold" in color. Red brass looks like copper because it has a higher copper content.
The OP's razor is bare brass, it has way too much wear on the handle to still have any plating left.
Thank you for the clarification. I think as long as it shaves to my liking, it may be in for a trip to delta echo. I've been itching to get those guys to do a razor for me.

Then why does the picture he posted show the worn part red?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I agree with John why ruin a piece of history by covering up with guncrap I mean coat
You are better off leaving bare brass.

Whoa. I agree, that would be a monumental disaster. Please don't! :surrender:

Ok ok! Ill leave that for a Rockwell.

That batch was from late 1929 through 1930. Serial # on top of baseplate, no patent #. So around 87 years old.

You wouldn't gunkote your grandfather, would you? You might have him gold plated though. Much classier option.

Or when you get a Toggle!:001_tongu
I thought I was good to go on razors. I went through a little bit of sbad but I can see now it's coming full circle. I guess the natural progression of things will eventually lead to a toggle in the den!
Mid- life crisis: level 9000!

Top Bottom