SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 19th - June 25th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0333.JPG
Semogue 2000
Travel Tech
Top Secret Lanolizado
Last shave across from Universidade do Porto

Hope you feel better soon, Steve. Maybe the CG will lift the spirits a bit. I was going to use mine for Friday's shave but I remembered I had promised to participate in a Frugal Friday SOTD; the Charcoal Goods wouldn't quite fit in.... But Saturday will be the day!

Thanks Ron. My system has been a bit screwed up but I have been gradually feeling better. It was a rough week. Cool to see you got #167. I used it this morning and really like the head. The handle takes some getting used to because the triangulation of the Tritium vial section. It is funny to grip, wanting to twist a bit in my hand, but I must say these are great razors. As a daily shaver, I think the level 2 is spot on with the solid bar. Overall, I like aggressive razors, but I think this is just right. I'd be interested in your thoughts since you had level 1 and was looking for 3.
Happy shaving.
Steve

Very stately layout for the initial use of the NEW Long Comb, Steve.

Thank you Ron. I found the New to be a good shaver but a little rough around the edges. I think I need to spend some more time with it. Obviously, I've only had one shave with it, but I'm a pretty good judge of hardware. It is a nice addition to the collection, but I think it will fall somewhere behind some of my more favorite DE's from the Wolfman, R41, Blackbird CB, Grackle, surprise Ming Shi 2000s, and now Charcoal. I think I even prefer the M3 Slim Adjustable, but we'll see over time. I like variety and it is always great trying different razor styles.
Steve

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath-Gentleman
Soap: Reef Point Submariner
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword “Light Brigade” NEW Chromium (Shave #17)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks/Elite Razor Manchurian White-24mmx54mm
Aftershave: Reef Point Submariner

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Reef Point Submariner today. 20 seconds to load the Wild West/Elite Manchurian White brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Vintage Wilkinson Sword “Light Brigade” in the Slim. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with Reef Point Submariner aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

image.jpeg
Weishi razor
Feather blade
EJ Silvertip brush
T&H Grafton cream
T&H Grafton AS splash

May need to add T&H Grafton AS balm shortly. Face is feeling dry this morning.

Weber Ph & Stork Aristocrat 2 Ti/ Simpson Milk Churn Best Badger/ Rapira Platinum Lux/ Stirling Piacenza
proxy.php

24 June 2017

Fri-Ko Solingen 5/8
Tony Miller Heirloom Strop
Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger
Geo. F. Trumper's Limes Shaving Cream
T. N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Royall Lyme Aftershave and Cologne

IMG_1152.jpg

Sammy Lee Saturday

MLS The Kraken
30mm WD Silvertip on Ivory Handle
'77 Gillette Super Adjustable
Gillette Platinum
The Kraken Splash
proxy.php

Formerly Heybobitsme

SOTD, Saturday, June 24th, 2017

Shower at gym + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
The Art of Shaving oud shave cream
Simpson badger brush
Friedellko 5/8" "Saturday" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Knize Ten aftershave and cologne

proxy.php

Striking layout, Sammy. That SS DLC Hawk is a looker. Hope I can get one when they next show up. How do you like the Kai Captain Sharpblade? I'm not familiar with them.

I got a Sharpblade in a sampler pack from TryaBlade a while ago, and I really liked it. However, it seems that Kai may not produce these blades anymore, so you have to search for them carefully. I've also read that the Sharpblade and the Kai Captain are more or less the same blade; they just have different packaging. Not really sure. They work really well for me, though!

Saturday SOTD:

SDC12236.JPG

Razor: Supply Provision Single Edge (Classic Setting)
Blade: Personna Mini Hair Shaper
Brush: Rubberset 400 with PAA Switchback Top Cap loaded with Envy Shave 26mm "Ubersoft II" Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Single Blade "Wood and Spice" Shaving Cream
Aftershave: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel

-- Sammy

Ah, the array at attention, saluting the presence of the Multitudinous Lime. Amazing how the Red Imp can puts a little joie de vivre in the ole shave pic, Erich.
Love your descriptions Ron and, as always, "Thank You" for your kind words!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom