What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

:a47:Larry's got one, I didn't know you had one, but I do know that I want one. One of the few razors that cause acute SRAD every time I see one.
I'm right there with you in this, Arne. Tim's shop is about 60 miles from my house. When I have occasion to pass through his area, I have to purposefully continue on my way. I know what would happen if I stopped in "just to look".

A friend of mine bought this razor in a junk shop for £1... (jealous) and sent it to me to clean and hone.
Davis Strand.jpg

This I did yesterday and it gave me a very nice shave this morning. Sadly now I have to send it back to him!

Davis Strand 2.jpg

C.

I give you The Lady.

She did her dance on the leather, the black shining dress swirling around her while she made those swishing sounds I've come to love. Afterwards she told me that the "32" stood for her age.
- But we've known each other for many years, I said.
An almost touchable silence entered the bathroom.
- Are you insinuating anything Bubba? The light reflected menacingly in her blade.
I shook my head.
- No my dear, I guess I just haven't woken up yet.
She glanced angrily at me.
- Yeah I guess you're becoming old. Were did the grey in your hair come from by the way? What happened to the shining sparkle in those eyes of yours, not to mention the new wrinkles at the corner of them.
- That's not a kind thing to say!
She laughed.
- Never claimed to be nice. Come on big boy, do you want a fantastic shave or a cut?
I laid my hand around her waist and we started dancing cheek to cheek to the slow lovely all silent music. We were in perfect sync as so many times before. At the end of the third dance she whispered in my my ear.
- Very many years from now you'll be gone and Junior will be the one dancing with me and I'll still be 32.
I laughed. I couldn't wish anything better for my son.

View attachment 775858

Excellent stuff Arne; when are you going to complete the play?

C.

Excellent stuff Arne; when are you going to complete the play?

C.
I had a publisher and a nearly publishable script. Then I brecame a father and then an single full time parent. Life has its ways. By the way, this is the latest post in a series.

Last edited:
I had a publisher and a nearly publishable script. Then I brecame a father and then an single full time parent. Life has its ways. By the way, this is the latest post in a series.

Well I do hope that one day you will feel able to complete the work: after all an antidote to Sweeney Todd is long overdue isn't it!

C.

Razor: Otto Busch

Strop: TM Fast Bridle

Soap: MWF

Brush: WW Custom Badger

Aftershave #1: Thayer’s WH

Aftershave #2: Small Batch Shave Tonic

Balm: Neutrogena

Talc: Clubman

IMG_6234.jpg

I have a few razors that truly belong in a museum, preferably the Eskilstuna Town Museum. This large Erik Anton Berg thumb notch razor in ivory scales and with a thumb notch is one of them.
Have a great day gentlemen.

20170316_054956.jpg

Top Bottom