What's new

What is your favourite chocolate?

proxy.php

Trader Joe's Pound Plus 72% Cacao. Made in Belgium and $4.99 for a bar that is a bit larger than a pound. I eat a lot of dark chocolate, and this one is super tasty and one heck of a value.

I usually prefer hot cocoa (non-Dutched) made with a mix of condensed and 2% milk and a tiny bit sugar.

If I make hot chocolate, I melt half of one tin Schokakola (half-bitter dark German chocolate that contains ca lot of caffeine and cola nut for an extra kick) in a large cup with some condensed milk, then top off with hot milk. No sweetener.

proxy.php

I would have to go with white chocolate myself. The Kit Kat and Reese's are both good. But I would rather have it over pretzels or in cookies with macadamia nuts.:drool:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
These little guys from Purdy's are dangerous
$HedgeHogs.jpg
Hedgehogs - milk chocolate with hazelnut gainduja filling.

For eating I like Sckokakola, and various plain dark types of cholocate by Sprüngli, Teuscher, Valrhona and Venchi, Scharffenberger is okay. I like some Ritter products (mostly Rum Nut). Don't care for chocolate filled with any goop like caramel. Vastly preferring in general plain chocolate, I have always liked Lindt pistachio, the old one, not the goo-filled new kind. Other than that Lindt has really gone down over the past 35 years and, to me, is now about on the same level as Milka. I don't care at all for Belgian chocolatw- I always feel like I have just eaten grease. I do nibble pure cacao beans on occasion. I consume a lot of non-dutched, pure cocoa.

Seattle Chocolates; their mint chocolate is addictive. Any high end chocolate, really. Hershey's tastes waxy to me.

Trader Joe's gets the "best bargain" with the 1 lb Belgian chocolate bar; I remember when it used to be $3 . . .

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
$Chocolate.jpg(3[FONT=&quot]½[/FONT]oz pfefferminz, marzipan, coconut, mousse au chocolate and halbitter bars are my favorites)! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter". CBJ

Couldn't tell you the name of it, but when we were in Ghent they had all kinds of chocolate that make Hersheys and typical American chocolate seem like pure caca.

Top Bottom