What's new

10 Years To The Day At B&B!

Gentlmen, it is with a bit of wonder and a dose thanks that I celebrate a decade as a Badger & Blade member. I remember when a young maverick named Joel along with Nick(I think. Please forgive if that is wrong) started up a new shaving web site with a cool badger logo. I was participating at other forums at the time but knew I would migrate here eventually. B&B had a vision for the male grooming experience or at least how we interacted with it. We have become something of a juggernaut in that time.

Yet shaving is only the common thread that brought us here. Over the years we've seen the progression from a nearly straight up toiletries forum to a very well rounded man site. And we all needed something like that. I've learned about cutthroat razors and how to maintain them. How to make a proper cup of coffee or tea. How to select a decent pair of shoes, and various other pursuits that a grown man should be making. Things our forebears were taught as social convention but were essentially lost to the general populace of men as stuffy and unnecessary. Well bollocks to that! We rock bow ties here and one hundred year old formula aftershaves!

It also is astonishing how generous members can be and I think it goes to the whole vibe of the web site. This is much more like a community and as such we've always tried to maintain a civil discourse amongst the members. Largely most men come here for a respite from the sewage that can be the internet. And most members are fully aware of this and choose B&B for that reason. And lets not forget our stewards, moderators and site administrators. They do unheralded work and ask for very little in return. Going back to that generosity, lets list the ways it presents itself. How about the fundraiser for Susan G. Komen each year? How about the innumerable PIFs every year? Or the nice bloke who read my comments about his find of a MEM era English Leather shave soap and traded me for a few items? He knew it was a connection to my Da going back to when I was a little tyke and the memories of him using English Leather every day.

Thank you Badger & Blade. I don't post as much as I used to but I still visit the site daily for a good read. Now lets steam on toward twenty years!

I have only been around here for about a year and a quarter, but I always get a little proud when I read things like the OP's words above. That I can be part of a Gentleman's Forum with members that are the epitome of what a human being should be. Congrats [MENTION=415]Phog Allen[/MENTION] on the ten years, stop by and drop some wisdom on us from time to time.

Wow, 10 years!

You hit the nail on the head when you said "Largely most men come here for a respite from the sewage that can be the internet." I am loving the generous membership here.

Congrats Todd!
You're one of the few posters on here who I really trust when it comes to product reviews, especially soaps. Except for your like of floral scents, that's just weird :)
When you review something you really delve into the details, the good and the bad, and not just just a "gosh, this is good" like so many.
Keep it up and I look forward to the next 10!

[MENTION=415]Phog Allen[/MENTION] congratulations on 10 years!

Thank you for being part of the original community. I'm glad to see it still resembles what you knew 10 years ago in regards to wet shaving, civility, and generosity.

That's great to hear, I know I sure have learned alot here. I also enjoy checking in daily to see the discussions going on. I also like to see new members as they discover the ability to enjoy the daily task of shaving rather than find it the drudgery it used to be.

Top Bottom