What's new

What is the iciest of menthol soaps/creams that you have tried?

Good afternoon ladies and gents! I am sure this question has been asked before but I feel like sometimes a thread gets stale and or lost in the mix of things and does not get much attention after so long. I am new to the world of DE shaving and I am a sucker for the cold! Currently I am sifting through the many different options out there for soaps and creams. I understand each of us has our own tolerance for such things as heat, cold, pain, scent etc. Right now I am looking for a product that will make me shiver just thinking about it! I know there are lots of menthol products out there but I was hoping with the expertise of the members here, that perhaps someone may be able to point me in the direction of some mind-blowing chill or at least help me to steer clear of the duds. A nice scent would be fantastic but is not the ultimate goal here. Tallow based or Vegan, soap, cream or croap is unimportant as well just as long as it is cold! I appreciate any suggestions you folks can offer:)

The standard... Proraso/C.O. Bigelow cream. If I really want to open the sinuses I use Proraso pre/post cream.

Ah, yes, I have heard many good things about Sterling products lately. I wondered if the Glacial varieties were very obviously stronger with the chill than their normal versions, I also just noticed that someone else has posted a similar thread and got it out there before I finished typing mine up! I did not intend on the menthol overkill everyone, I promise! Tis the season? :D

Yeti Snot is absolutely on my list! It is one of those that seems to have a cult following from what I have seen.

Thank you guys so much for your suggestions! This community has been so very friendly and helpful since I have arrived. I learned a lot as a lurker too but do enjoy direct interaction with everyone whenever possible:)

QCS Vostok or Iced Key Lime followed by a nickle size amount of the 444 Gel mixed with Krampers Aftershave splash....talk about the Artic express!

For cold shave cream, I use Vostok. It is definately what I would describe as a croap. It lathers up amazingly and smells wonderful. It smells a lot like peppermint and menthol rather then the more medicinal menthol smell from proraso green. It is cold on the face. By the second pass, you can really feel it. As for cold aftershave, I own 444, Vostok balm, and Kramparts Frostbite. Frostbite is the coldest that I own but I prefer the Vostok balm. I don't own it, but I would say that Osage rub is the coldest aftershave. I tried a small sample one morning and wasn't expecting the punch in the face of menthol. It was awesome but kind of drying. I think I am going to buy some and just add a stitch of glycerine to it. Then I think it would be even better.

Stirling glacial. Any of them. I used lemon chill and I felt like my face was melting off. I had to toss the sample because it just wasn't for me. I was shaving super fast because it was so cold it was a burning sensation. I still use the lemon chill aftershave though. Amazing stuff!

Top Bottom