What's new

Soap recommendations?

Hey Everyone!

I have been wet shaving for a handful of years and loving it. However, I had a few kids and haven't been around B&B for a while and last night i realized that i have missed quite a bit of new products. I need to order some new soaps and maybe some new splashes and am hoping you guys can give me some suggestions as to what are some must try newer products.

Im a big fan of Joe's stuff and see that he has a pile of new soaps so i plan on making a big order there and want to hit the free shipping limit.

So, B&B, what new stuff do you all recommend?

*Soaps do not necessarily need to be RazoRock, I just like them for the performance/cost aspect*

Last edited:
Hard to pick only 1 or 2 but Joe also stocks a great selection of Proraso soaps. I've only bought and tried the green and I can recommend that flavor.

Mitchell's Wool Fat, Tabac, Haslinger Schafmilch, Stirling (too many varieties to list here), Napa Soap Company are my top performers. I hold these more or less in equal regard, to be honest.

Two that are at the top of my list currently are RazoRock "The Freedberg" and Maggard's Limes & Bergamot.

FYI-If you go to Joe's RazoRock Facebook page, you can get the new RR "Classic" for $3.99 (Introductory Price).

If you have not tried Stirling, you might get a puck of Margaritas in the Arctic.

Stirling! His latest generation of shave soaps top anything he's made in the past for slickness, protection, and good long lasting stable lather.

If your goal is to buy from Joe, keep in mind that he now stocks a wide variety of American Artisan soaps in addition to all of the RazoRock products and major European brands. He now sells: StropShoppe, HTGAM(Synergy), Petal Pushers and Tiki. For me, sometimes the high cost of shipping is a barrier to trying an artisan soap. Joe makes it easy to try an artisan soap as part of a bigger order that hits the free shipping mark.

Of course, there are other great artisan soap makers around including Stirling, Mikes, and Barrister and Mann. While there is loads of debate in this forum over the "best" soap, my experience is that they are all really good. One may lather more easily than another; and one my have slightly better glide than another; but they are all really, really good.

Shaving used to be a chore. Now it is just plain fun.

Which of the Fine aftershave do you recommend? I have been using the floid line(blue, amber, sandalor) for a while now, would be nice to switch it up.

Which of the Fine aftershave do you recommend? I have been using the floid line(blue, amber, sandalor) for a while now, would be nice to switch it up.

My favorites are American Blend, Fresh Vetiver, and L'Orange Noir. Lots of people like Platinum too, but when I tried it I couldn't smell anything but menthol.

All of Fine's aftershaves are VERY heavy on menthol now.

The RazoRock/Synergy beach soap sounds interesting. Is it worth it or is it more of a novelty soap?

synergy beach is a nice, summery, coconutty, coppertony soap.
as to your questions 'is it worth is or is it more of a novelty soap?', i'd say 'yes' to both, imo.

$beach feather rooney vibr may 13 2014s.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My favorites are American Blend, Fresh Vetiver, and L'Orange Noir. Lots of people like Platinum too, but when I tried it I couldn't smell anything but menthol.

All of Fine's aftershaves are VERY heavy on menthol now.
+1 on the added menthol. The older Fine blends are better. For that reason I am going to shift over to the RR and others.

So many great soaps to chose from. I like TOBS Sandalwood, GFT Eucris and Violet, Dr. Harris Marlborough, QSC Green Irish, and Proraso Green.

THey all are easy to lather, and build lots of nice slick cushiony lather.

Synergy-HTGAM are great soaps..considering the price, they are a great value and offer an outstanding shave. Love the Chocolate Bourbon.

Lets see:

Barrister & Mann.
Mike's Natural Shave Soap.
How To Grow a Mustache-Synergy Shave Soap.

All artisan. All awesome.

Top Bottom