What's new

Ebay is Becoming a Joke ?

In the first ad: " As I said you will more than likely never see another Gillette razor like this one. "
Except for the fact that he is selling a second. ahhhaahaha

They aren't that rare. Any razor imported into France received this stamp. I have many, and there are numerous threads here with people showing theirs.

They aren't that rare. Any razor imported into France received this stamp. I have many, and there are numerous threads here with people showing theirs.

I think the "rare" part is in reference to the double strike of the gillette logo and "made in usa". Not the G/D

The amount of straight-up misinformation in that seller's listings is just depressing. I don't even know where to start...

$2443649-fillion1.gif

So some dolt goofed in the factory and stamped the logo on twice.. how does that make a razor worth obscene amounts of money? This guy needs a violent re-education by Lady Helga from Lady Helga's House of Pain.

So some dolt goofed in the factory and stamped the logo on twice.. how does that make a razor worth obscene amounts of money? This guy needs a violent re-education by Lady Helga from Lady Helga's House of Pain.

Agreed,

its a blemished piece, and probably uncommon, but this isn't currency, where a misprint bill can be worth many times the face value. Its a simple manufacturing mistake that most likely would DETRACT from the value, rather than add to it.

I checked out the add and wanted to see the other auctions that this person had going. The prices were all high, but then something struck my eye. The background on one of the pictures. It couldn't be... yep, it was.

This same person has been posting all over the artofmanliness forum and trying to sell his razors. He has been banned from multiple groups over there as well. It has the tell-tale sign of high prices and a green fabric (is it a couch or a towel?) as the back drop of the pictures. For this particular one, it is brown, but many of his other auctions have the green fabric. Interesting to see him show up on the bay.

Most likely he is a Member here, if he has been kicked out of the places you mentioned. ?

I checked out the add and wanted to see the other auctions that this person had going. The prices were all high, but then something struck my eye. The background on one of the pictures. It couldn't be... yep, it was.

This same person has been posting all over the artofmanliness forum and trying to sell his razors. He has been banned from multiple groups over there as well. It has the tell-tale sign of high prices and a green fabric (is it a couch or a towel?) as the back drop of the pictures. For this particular one, it is brown, but many of his other auctions have the green fabric. Interesting to see him show up on the bay.

This is the same seller on a different site, he has been selling razors over priced for a long time now.

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/rckandrews45

Well, on eBay I am of the opinion that unless it is fraudulent then Caveat Emptor. If both parties think it's fair then it's fair. Fraud obviously isn't ok. But just because someone values it differently isn't my problem.

In the market here I suspect they would get drummed out, and I would support that too. I think eBay has a valuable place, but here isn't eBay.

This is the same seller on a different site, he has been selling razors over priced for a long time now.

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/rckandrews45[/QUOTE] Wow is this is the seller, He has Tons of items, and i swear i have purchased from him before ? His face looks Familiar. Also some of his items are outrageously priced and then some of his items are decently priced. I a sure he is just putting a high Price for that single ring and hopes of at least getting around 200 instead of the asking price of 700 but even 200 is way out of League, at least for me it is :eek:/ But to each their own.

I'm tempted of listing my single stamp Old Type with 1 crooked tooth for half that and see if it sells.....it couldn't hurt.....

This is the same seller on a different site, he has been selling razors over priced for a long time now.http://www.bonanza.com/booths/rckandrews45[/QUOTE] Wow is this is the seller, He has Tons of items, and i swear i have purchased from him before ? His face looks Familiar. Also some of his items are outrageously priced and then some of his items are decently priced. I a sure he is just putting a high Price for that single ring and hopes of at least getting around 200 instead of the asking price of 700 but even 200 is way out of League, at least for me it is :eek:/ But to each their own.
Well, looking at his picture, you know why he is selling a lot of razors!

Top Bottom