What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Just returned from watching "Cloud Atlas" at the IMAX theater. I had read the book I could not imagine how they could make a movie of it. I absolutely loved it.

I LOVED the book. I made a thread about it about a month and a half ago and I only got like one reply.

What did you think of the first third of the movie? I don't know what to make of it, because there was this couple sitting next to me who were having a full blown conversation for about the entire first third of the movie. At some points they would both whip out their cell phones and start fiddling around with those, as well. Because of that, I was in a constant state of "pissed off" and was unable to appreciate it. They finally settled down and I really, really liked the last two thirds of the movie.

I'll have to see it again.

I LOVED the book. I made a thread about it about a month and a half ago and I only got like one reply.

What did you think of the first third of the movie? I don't know what to make of it, because there was this couple sitting next to me who were having a full blown conversation for about the entire first third of the movie. At some points they would both whip out their cell phones and start fiddling around with those, as well. Because of that, I was in a constant state of "pissed off" and was unable to appreciate it. They finally settled down and I really, really liked the last two thirds of the movie.

I'll have to see it again.

I can't think of a period in the movie where I was bored or confused. I can't say the same for the book, but part of that may be because I knew what to expect in the movie. The movie is just so different from anything I've ever seen before, and in it's odd way, I think I enjoyed the movie more than the book.

I can't think of a period in the movie where I was bored or confused. I can't say the same for the book, but part of that may be because I knew what to expect in the movie. The movie is just so different from anything I've ever seen before, and in it's odd way, I think I enjoyed the movie more than the book.

Wow. Okay. I really need to see it again.

I am glad that audiences are liking it more than critics.

People, please, if you are at the movies, do not talk and put your cell phones away. It totally ruins the experience for the people around you. I'm sure people here don't do that, I'm just venting.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The movie as good but it left a lot out of the book that would have made it better (and a lot of insight into Lincoln's personality). It was enjoyable, still, so I count it as a win.

The Philadelphia Story, with Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant, and James Stewart. They just don't make them like that anymore!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The Avengers.

i'm always skeptical when every one you know gives a movie rave reviews. but this one deserves it!

"that's my secret Captain, i'm always angry"

Avengers 2!!!!!!!

My local theater had a Frankenstein (1931) and Bride of Frankenstein (1935) double feature, so I had a blast watching those with my dad and father-in-law.

I capped off this weekend by watching another one of my Boris Karloff favorites: The Old Dark House (1932). That is one of my all-time favorites and I try to watch that at least once per year, and always around Halloween. "Have a potato!"

Boo!

Dave

The Amazing Spiderman.

I thought it was too early for another version of this one, but it had enough back story and comedic elements to make it an enjoyable watch.

Top Bottom