What's new

British Aristocrat Question

I purchased a Gillette Aristocrat from England and it is a 1936 with a Pat No. of 400.621 on the back of the head and 430.030 on the handle. According to Mr. Razor, mine is a 1936 because it doesn't have the center bar wings like the 1938 Aristocrat #15. Other than that , they are identical: http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/One-Piece open comb/open comb.htm

My question is that since the cases are identical and the razor is also (except for the center bar wings), could you call this a #15? I am guessing not, but does the 1936 razor have any ID# like the others (#15, #22, #19, etc).

that´s what I know from old Ads:

in 1936 he has no wings, was silverplated and was only called "Aristocrat" (#2 for silver plated Traveler and #3 for gold plated Traveler)
in early Nov 1938 he has no wings, was rhodium plated and was called #15 (gold plated #19)
in late Nov 1938 he has wings, was rhodium plated and called #15, #19 (gold plated), #2 (Traveler) and #3 (gold Traveler)

Thanks for the info... your head must be spinning from not only the above info that is confusing but from ALL the info on your site.
But is greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom