What's new

FS Wolfman WR2 0.85/0.95, 1936 (French) Aristocrat #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B&B— Regrettably, it is time to let go of a couple of superb “aristocrats”—one modern, one vintage.

1. Wolfman WR2 0.85/0.95. If you’ve ever wanted to try a milder WR2, this is the one. It comes with WRH2 80mm hallow handle—hands down my favorite handle, ever. The shave is perfect for my daily shaving. Blade exposure is slightly positive for both sides, although neither is aggressive. The 0.95mm (top) side is very similar to my Timeless 0.95 smooth bar; the 0.85mm (bottom) side is slightly milder than the 0.95mm (top) side but slightly more efficient than my Timeless 0.68 smooth bar. Both sides are very smooth, although the 0.85 is slightly more so. For reference, Wolfman does make one smaller WR2 gap, 0.75. I preferred the 0.95 (and will be buying one in Titanium), but others prefer 0.85. This razor is easy to grip, easy to hold, easy to clean, and great balance. Both head and handle are ‘basic polished’ stainless steel and are absolutely stunning to behold. It’s always been used with washer. Comes with all original packaging and microfiber square. Price includes US shipping and PayPal G&S. Asking $400.

British Aristocrat #15, 1936. This French market Importe d'Angleterre is the silver plated, earlier version of the more common and familiar 1938 rhodium plated “generation 1”. It’s gorgeous, and the handle is engraved. Compared to rhodium and nickel plating, the silver has a soft, pleasant glow. The condition is superb, as fine as they come. Teeth are straight; it opens and closes fully; finish is near perfect. I didn’t shave with it, but it’ll shave just like it should—smooth and efficient. Asking $300 (price paid).

Thanks for looking! Please send me a PM with questions or interest.

1 IMG_8348 Large.jpeg

2 IMG_8343 Large.jpeg

3 IMG_8347 Large.jpeg

4 IMG_8344 Large.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom