What's new

Some one stole my Al-Star

Guilt, or fear of getting caught eventually…either way I'm glad you got it back, and presumably undamaged, or you'd have mentioned it.:thumbup1:

Don't forget to lock that desk, though. Someone who had second thoughts about theft might have third thoughts.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Don't forget to lock that desk, though. Someone who had second thoughts about theft might have third thoughts.

A few months ago, I had left my keys at home so I removed the lock. It has been reinstalled.

That's great news! I can't help but wonder now what the circumstances of its disappearance were. I would tend to think that since it was returned it wasn't originally taken with malice. Of course, we'll hopefully never know.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That's great news! I can't help but wonder now what the circumstances of its disappearance were. I would tend to think that since it was returned it wasn't originally taken with malice. Of course, we'll hopefully never know.

There is a slight possibility that I left it at a workstation and someone picked it up. I was on a bit of a warpath when it came up missing, and the word may have gotten around. If so, if someone picked it up with no ill intentions, they may have been hesitant to return it face to face. Either way it was returned.

I'm glad to hear it was returned to you. I came to check this post before bed, and I have to say that hearing about your happy ending was a great way to end the day.

I'm a pessimist when it comes to humanity so I will keep my thoughts on motive to myself, but real glad you got it back. I have had a number of items stolen from me in the past, some valuable, and there are few things that are more of a bummer.

My email worked- I emailed everyone and said I had "misplaced" it, and if it is seen to please return it. I have a locker here, and the only thing I ever put in it are blank CDs for the monthly navigational database updates. Today I found my pen in it. Seems like some people still have a conscience.

Great news! I'm glad it worked and you have your Al-star back! :thumbup:

I'm a pessimist when it comes to humanity so I will keep my thoughts on motive to myself, but real glad you got it back. I have had a number of items stolen from me in the past, some valuable, and there are few things that are more of a bummer.

That's funny, I'm an optimist on the same subject. My first thought was that pens are cheap, disposable and interchangeable these days, so no-one thinks twice about borrowing them from other people (why would you care about a 29-cent ballpoint, right?). Maybe someone grabbed it without knowing what it was and only after seeing the email realized.

That's funny, I'm an optimist on the same subject. My first thought was that pens are cheap, disposable and interchangeable these days, so no-one thinks twice about borrowing them from other people (why would you care about a 29-cent ballpoint, right?). Maybe someone grabbed it without knowing what it was and only after seeing the email realized.

Certainly a possibility and I hope it is the case. There ARE a lot of good people out there. I try to keep a positive outlook because you can misinterpret people sometimes due to preconceived notions, but one sit down with the daily news and I feel like starting from scratch...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My only advice is to find them and then beat them with a stick as an example.

I am going with Chris on this- someone just didn't realize what they had. Then they heard I was mad, and saw the email, and didn't know what to do. I got it back, so I don't think it was intentional.

Top Bottom