What's new

Favorite Open Comb

This may have been discussed before, but I'm curious. What's your favorite open comb? I only have one, a 30's New. Of all the razors I've ever used, it is hands down my favorite. But now I have the highly contagious RAD, and am considering trying some others.

Johnnie

Overall, I think I like the long comb New the best. That said, I really like the R41, but it's not really an open comb, I guess - more of a hybrid. The old type is awesome as well.

I enjoy the Muhle R41 2010 open comb. Nice mild shaver that yields good results. Have some of the older Gillettes, but haven't shaved with them. I like the R41 2011 tooth comb as well, but that is more of a hybrid, and much more aggressive.

I flip flop on the Sheraton and the New. Right now I think I like a Long Comb New best, I actually use mine on a Fat Tech handle.

Heh heh...I do the same thing with my long comb new...actually a fat tech handle that I've put lead shot in (and plugged up) to make heavier. Bob's making me a Bull Mastif Deluxe that'll I'll be rotating around through my R41, New's and anything else that will accept the handle.

Ok, now I feel really dumb. How do I tell the difference between a long and short comb? My New is copper and brass. Has a nice heft to it, but if it were a little heavier I wouldn't mind.

HoosierTrooper, I almost picked up a SE Gem thursday. Actually, I almost picked up 3 for $15, but had no cash and they didn't take a debit card. If they are still there next time I go by, I will get them. Never used a SE before.

Johnnie

Top Bottom