What's new

Shaving music

I want to make a playlist of great old songs to get me up in the morning. Being played while shaving haha, but more just to get the day started on a good note.

I'll get the ball rolling with this one:

Gimme shelter- The rolling stones

Thanks gents

Blues Before Sunrise - Eric Clapton's 'From The Cradle' interpretation.

And, many innumerable others. To me shaving is the feeling of awakenings, to come alive. I like the music I pick to reflect that. It just so happens it's nearly all blues or blues-influenced.

I don't usually listen to music when I shave, but anything by Bing Crosby or Frank Sinatra floats my boat any time of day.

My shave den only has an AM/FM radio ... so I usually tune in to talk shows and news/weather type stations while I'm shaving.

When I'm getting styled up and dressed to go clubbing, many local bars have a radio station broadcasting live from the DJ booth ... so if I'm going to go there, I will tune in to that station to get a feel for the music. Its really great when the announcer goes around through the crowd and interviews people ... I can get a real good sense of what's happening there even before I leave home. Sometimes, it might not sound so hot on any particular night, so I change my plans and go elsewhere.

Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert
Anything by Nina Simone
Joss Stone - LP1

Those are the ones I listen to the most these days.

Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyrie"

+1 or anything Wagner I really enjoy Die Meistersinger.

to go along with gimmie shelter, anything from the Vietnam era is great imo The End by The Doors is a good one, and I bet you could find a version long enough to complete a shave while listening :001_tt2:

Top Bottom