Status
Not open for further replies.
LE LABO

proxy.php

Rose 31​

Meehan's
Bay Rhum Cologne

proxy.php

Anyone else, other than me, do a double take when they saw Evan wearing the Bonny Doon today? Hey, is there some Oud in that?? :tongue_sm :laugh:

Evan, is it pretty good stuff? It certainly sounds like a quality bay and it's been deep down on my list to try/purchase for quite a while. Maybe I should move it closer to the top!

Anyone else, other than me, do a double take when they saw Evan wearing the Bonny Doon today? Hey, is there some Oud in that?? :tongue_sm :laugh:

Evan, is it pretty good stuff? It certainly sounds like a quality bay and it's been deep down on my list to try/purchase for quite a while. Maybe I should move it closer to the top!

Ha!

Yeah, there's oud in this stuff but the odd thing is it smells just like Bay Rum. Amazing. :tongue_sm

It's really good juice, yes. Aside from the fact that it's a quality, long-lasting Bay Rum, what I like about it is that it's blended w/rosewater. It's possible to detect a faint whiff of rose in the mix, and the 2 notes blend beautifully together. If you dig Bay Rum I'd definitely push this one closer to the top. :thumbup1:

So what's so good about Bay Rum anyways? Isn't it just a Barber scent?

Just a barber scent???

Wrong place for that kinda talk, buddy... :lol:

I was gonna say...you haven't been here vewwy long, have you. :tongue_sm

FWIW, a good (female) friend of mine recently sniffed my bottle of Meehan's. She's extremely knowledgeable about perfumes & ouds. She also writes about & critiques perfume.

Anyway, her response to the Meehan's was something on the order of, Wow! I really like this -- it's so unusual!

Unusual. From a knowledgeable & articulate perfume critic. So much for your "barber scent." :thumbup1:

Paris Hilton, Just Me. No, seriously. I did.

I hear you! I wear fragrances for women all the time. I like the way women smell and don't mind smelling it all day long. After a few hugs and a late morning it's what I smell like anyway.

Yesterday, Patou Colony:
If you like Chanel's Egoiste (not Platinum but the cologne concentree) then you'd love this. I love them both. This has a fruity note to it that I didn't realize was pineapple until I looked it up. But it also has a leather note that is very comfortable. Together (no, not fruit leather) they make for a very rich summer-wearing fragrance, perfect for balmy summer nights. If there was ever a smell that reminded me of Josephine Baker, this is it.

proxy.php

Today, Patou Adieu Sagesse:
This was an interesting spicy green floral with notes of iris and violet (maybe some carnation), galbanum, sandalwood and perhaps a touch of patchouli. Looking up the notes I see that I am way off but that's what came across to me. It opened with a very green iris, almost "lipstick" smelling, but with a dry peppery side to it that eventually turned "green." The drydown was a typical powdery Patou base with some patchouli and sandalwood. I really liked this, perfect for a day outside hopping rocks across the river in my pressed shirt and loafers - but it was a bit short-lived.

proxy.php

All in all, I really liked and respected the Patou line. It's high quality, very sophisticated, and even the powdery feminine fragrances were very appealing. I liked that nothing felt overly feminine and usually kept one foot on the line of "unisex." I will likely add Colony and Patou pour homme to my collection and give the other samples to my wife so I can continue to smell them from time to time.

I hear you! I wear fragrances for women all the time. I like the way women smell and don't mind smelling it all day long. After a few hugs and a late morning it's what I smell like anyway.

This is a fragrance for men. Well, sold and marketed as such. Anyone can wear whatever they please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom