What's new

Guerlain Vetiver or L'Occitane Vetyver

I can see how some folks would have an issue with that. I can barely make it out alive from Bath & Body because the smell is nauseating in there.

I won't buy any cologne from L'Occitane because the whole store smells so strongly that I can't actually sniff the stuff in the bottles.

That's also strange to read as a description, because I got exactly the opposite from it. I got the spicy/earthy/woodsy that you say you prefer, and nothing sweet from it, at all. If I smelled this on a woman, I would I would be a bit concerned.

Hmmm, maybe I tried one of the newer reformulations that were mentioned? I found the tester I tried at Sephora (sp?). I would love to try the formulation you describe. It sounds more up my alley!

Hmmm, maybe I tried one of the newer reformulations that were mentioned? I found the tester I tried at Sephora (sp?). I would love to try the formulation you describe. It sounds more up my alley!

The one I tried was at a small cologne store in my local mall. I know the guy who owns it, and have been buying from him for the last 10 years or so. He had a bottle of Guerlain Vetiver that was new and unopened in the box. He didnt have a tester, so he opened the box and let me try it out. I dont know how old the box was, or what formulation is. He was surprised when I asked about it.

I can see how some folks would have an issue with that. I can barely make it out alive from Bath & Body because the smell is nauseating in there.

The Body Shop is worse.

And the worst of all time? Yankee Candle.:thumbdown Sometimes I find it too potent even if I am just walking past the store in the mall!

R

rum

Only just picked up on this thread.

I have to say neither did it for me. Instead I picked up Creed's Original Vetiver which is much more longer lasting (and stronger) than either. I haven't worn it enough though to be able to say I've tested it!!

The Body Shop is worse.

And the worst of all time? Yankee Candle.:thumbdown Sometimes I find it too potent even if I am just walking past the store in the mall!

+10 Less than a minute in there and I can't tell the difference between two different candle scents.

The L'Occitane in my mall isn't like that though. No issues at all when I go in.

I won't buy any cologne from L'Occitane because the whole store smells so strongly that I can't actually sniff the stuff in the bottles.
I'm annoyed by the fact that you can't get or buy samples of their colognes and just about refuse to buy them because of this.
I have been trying to source out a sample of Guerlain... doesnt seem to be anywhere that actually has one. Looks like i might have to do a days worth of searching in the city...

I got a sample at Sephora.

L'Occitane.

Has anybody had a problem with it being too strong though? I've got the old style bottle (I bought it perhaps two years ago) and maybe they've changed the atomizer in the new style bottles, but mine almost seems to spray out too much. Since it's a stronger scent to begin with, its almost too powerful.

L'Occitane.

Has anybody had a problem with it being too strong though? I've got the old style bottle (I bought it perhaps two years ago) and maybe they've changed the atomizer in the new style bottles, but mine almost seems to spray out too much. Since it's a stronger scent to begin with, its almost too powerful.

I have that issue with Eau Des Baux. If I take a full spray, it's too strong on me so I spray it from farther away so I don't get the full blast. Seems to work well for me.

I own a couple of L'Occitane frags, and the atomizer tops certainly don't skimp on the delivery, but I much rather a couple of good sprays on my chest and neck than having to furiously pump the top of a bottle all over my torso and arms.

As long as you give it a few minutes to dry a little before you leave the house (leaving the top notes all to you *bwahahahaha*) I find them fantastic.

L'Occitane.

It would all be relative to each persons chemistry. I spray once on each side of the neck and on each wrist and don't have a problem with it.

Only just picked up on this thread.

I have to say neither did it for me. Instead I picked up Creed's Original Vetiver which is much more longer lasting (and stronger) than either. I haven't worn it enough though to be able to say I've tested it!!

I have both and love both in their own special way, whatever that means:lol:

The Guerlain scent has grown on my over the past few weeks like a fungi ;) The initial spray still over powers me, but as it dries down i fairly enjoy the smell.

I am on day two of L'Occitane and it is great! Be careful with it as I thought the smell wasn't strong enough so I gave it another squirt. An hour later it was pretty darn strong. One squirt is perfect for me. Great scent too...my wife loves it and that is what matters most to me anyway.

Top Bottom