What's new

Who endulges in Ramune?

Well I stumbled on this soda by accident. I thought it was neat how you open it and is quite good. I am wondering how many drink ramune and what flavors do you like and where do you get them. So far I have tried the original, Lychee, and melon. The only downside is it is kinda a small bottle.

No the marble is used to open it, you place the marble on top, then press down, the marble drops to the bottom and helps release carbonation.
EDIT, Well yes it's like a soda/pop. But the marble doesn't float.

I have only had it a couple times, it's too expensive for me to want to drink.

It's like those 8 oz bottles of Coke. too expensive, and not enough to satisfy for me.

I hardly see how adding a marble would help release carbonation. It makes no sense whatsoever. It's a round, smooth glass sphere. No sites for nucleation to occur.

No this is just a soda that has been around since 1876. The marble is used to seal the bottle. It is not just the marble but it is less sweet than American sodas and comes in a lot of varieties. Depending on where you get it it is from 150 to 4.00 a bottle for the big one.

I used to drink it regularly when I was a kid living in Japan. they even have ramune candy which is to die for, unfortunately, it'll rot your teeth right out.

the vast majority of japanese sodas are sweetened differently than ours. even the american ones sold there. (was stationed in misawa for two years 3 months) but i never ran across the one you are speaking of. i was too busy dutifully plugging my yen into the canned hot coffee vending machine while trying not to get frostbite.

All the time I spent in japan only drank it a couple of times. To me it seemed like stock standard lemonade

I hardly see how adding a marble would help release carbonation. It makes no sense whatsoever. It's a round, smooth glass sphere. No sites for nucleation to occur.

The marble doesn't actually 'release' carbon dioxide, it just acts as a stopper in the top of the bottle. I guess the pressure of the carbonation holds it in place against a rubber seal in the top of the bottom. When you push the marble in it's just like opening a soda can.

Can you describe the flavour to me? I see it every time I go to the market but have been too afraid to try it.

Also, is anyone aware of vinegar sodas?

Can you describe the flavour to me? I see it every time I go to the market but have been too afraid to try it.

if I had to give a flavor equivalent I'd say it tasted similar to lemon/lime drinks. it definitely has a lot of tang to it, but in a good way

I used to buy it as well as Pocky and a lot of different candies and snack foods from an anime website I used to shop at ... ALOT!

As for the Ramune, I loved it, the flavors I remember (it's been a few years) were lemon-lime, watermelon, lychee (i think) and one more, maybe peach. Any way the website stopped selling them years ago. animenation.com

Top Bottom