What's new

Voskhod blade, what razor

I like Voskhods. They were the first decent blade I found and settled on early on in my shaving journey. I still like them but found I prefer Gillette Silver Blues better. But my son likes the Voskhods. I found they work well in any of my razors. Most are two or three piece razors.

Haven't found a razor that these don't work well in. My travel kit is one of these in a Weishi cheapie. Almost feels like I don't have a blade it it but it works so well. Even in a moderately aggressive razor it's fine for me.
I've got an extensive accumulation of Techs, but ended up with a long-handle WeiShi on sale, anyway. The Weishi was nice looking, but too mild with an Astra SP. Eventually I tried Voskhods and BiCs in it & it does a respectable job.

I like these as they are comfortable and last 3 shaves.They work in all my razors very well.The price fluctuates a bit but I buy them from 7.99-12.99.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I have had excellent results in all my vintage razors: Old Type, New SC & LC, Good Will, Milord, 40's and subsequent varieties of Super Speed, Slim and Super Adjustables, and of course, all my Techs (and Tech clones). Only less than outstanding shaves have been with some "modern" design razors - maybe the blades aren't compatible with all the zamack wunders.

I found that Voskhod blades work best in other people's razors. Not sure how many people I am echoing. I am very happy for people who have a positive relationship with them, I just am not one of those people.

Voskhod, it seems to me, is one of those many razor blades whose quality has declined precipitously after being purchased by P&G, but whose reputation hasn't.

By looking at the blades, that sharpening seems non symmetrical on sides and not very visible when attached to razor.

View attachment 1109342View attachment 1109343
That is the way they hone some blades at Mostochlegmash. The Rapira Super Stainless has it too. On one side it is a steep angle, on the other shallow. Flip the blade and it will be the opposite. I have been using the Rapira Super Stainless for more than 10 years and it is one of my favourites. No problems whatsoever.
And to answer the original poster's question. With Voskhods you need very agrressive razors. That is, if you have tough whiskers.

I like these as they are comfortable and last 3 shaves.They work in all my razors very well.The price fluctuates a bit but I buy them from 7.99-12.99.

I like Voshkod's. I used to buy them for around $9/100 on Amazon and have a decent stash of them.

While I like the blades smoothness, I considered them to be sort of a "value menu" version of other smooth blades, such as the GSB's at around $15/100.

Now they are selling at more than twice the price, $18.95 on Amazon.

There are many better shaving blades than Voshkod's at this price.

Like the Gillette Silver Blue, which are under $15/100 on Amazon.

Top Bottom