What's new

Voskhod blade, what razor

A good Voskhod has been a dream in every razor I've used to date. A bad one...worst blade ever. I used Voskhod for months on end until the bad ones started showing up. The asymmetric grind has been visible on every one I've used, good or bad, and are not present on the more consistent blades I've tried, basically every other brand/model of blade other than Voskhod. Do yourself a favor and part ways with Voskhod, because the next thing you know it'll own half your finances, home and retirement accounts.

Just tried a Voskhod for the first time. Tried them in a new to me Gillette Tech. First pass was a little tuggy. But as has been mentioned elsewhere most blades need a break in shave or two so hopefully they will smooth out soon

What’s not to like - smooth, pretty sharp and mid priced. OK, maybe Voskhod does not provide as many shaves as perhaps some other brands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Voskhods work well in all my razors: Old Type, New SC & LC, Sheraton, Milord, 47 Super Speed, all the adjustables & Super Speeds. The secret to a superior shave and longer blade life is to use a really slick soap.

Those of you who get smooth and good shave with Voskhod blade, what razor are you using?
Just a thought that I have had unbelievable rough and uncomfortable shave with these in my Rockwell 6S plate 6.
I just can not finish a shave with these. Other Rapiras (Ladas, Swedish Supersteel and Platinum Lux) are smoothest blades I have used in this razor and plate but Voskhod is just plain awful.

Or am I just doomed and have to bin my 95 Voskhods I have left?
Disregard everything these guys tell you, they have no idea what they're talking about. You truly ARE Doomed.

I'll send you my address o you can forward the blades to me for proper 'disposal'.

Haven't found a razor that these don't work well in. My travel kit is one of these in a Weishi cheapie. Almost feels like I don't have a blade it it but it works so well. Even in a moderately aggressive razor it's fine for me.

Vosks work in my Muhle R41 as well as my Merkur 38. I purchased a huge pile of Vosks a few years ago, they’re all I use.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I Tried Voskhod in my Razorock Wunderbar and it was fairly smooth, some fellows claim they are there go to blade.
Blade Review #6.3 June 26th 2020 (3).jpg

This is where I figured Voskhod falls in the few blades I have tried IMO.(its a good blade IMO)

With any other blade, I find plate 4 not cutting enough. So gave up on that plate. Have not tried Voskhod with that plate though.
Sounds like the perfect match for a Feather or Personna Israeli....... compare... you may se a new light.
I cannot stand the #6, but use an R41 or Fatip OC with no issues.

Bad start, good finish.
About 6 years ago I bought 100 Voskhod Blades probably based on the reviews and price.
The first blade was without a doubt the worst piece of steel I have ever put in a razor in my then 51 years of shaving.
Three strokes with that blade and it was out of there.
I never paid much attention to the possibility of dud blades because I had been lucky and never had one.
I threw the pack back in the rack and forgot about them.
I noticed them about 6 months later and thought about giving them away but remembered how bad that shave was and did not want to unleash them on some unsuspecting new shaver. I decided "one more attempt for the record and they go in the garbage". I pulled the second blade from the same box and got a super smooth 10/10 shave. I have been using them (from the same batch) in my rotation ever since with excellent results with my DOC Evolution.
It has been a mystery, knowing the manufacturing process, how one blade in the same batch can be so bad and the rest can be excellent.

Last edited:
Vosks work in my Muhle R41 as well as my Merkur 38. I purchased a huge pile of Vosks a few years ago, they’re all I use.
Merkur 38c is the other razor I typically use with Voskhod in addition to Mühle R41.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Sounds like the perfect match for a Feather or Personna Israeli....... compare... you may se a new light.
I cannot stand the #6, but use an R41 or Fatip OC with no issues.

Feather and plate 6 is absolutely smooth as butter.

My brother loves these in the no date code British Gillette Tech I gifted him for his birthday last October.

Top Bottom