What's new

Razor Blade Acquisition Thread

I bought from France another Gillette '500'. I have 9 so far, but it was quite the deal with a dispenser of 10 Silver Platine and another of Bleue Extra 10+2. So basically only those blades are worth it. However the seller added 2 more 10+2 Bleue Extra dispensers. Could be all those 3 dispensers are completely different. One for sure is from the P&G times (post-2005). Andhat M code might be Argentinean or Annecy made. Depends on the quarter.

4 Fr dispensers.jpg

Gents, what happened here? Everybody is buying Treet 7 days. Are they better than Spoilers?

@Sweeney_ this is your deed, right? That lady in the Treet 7 Days thread packaging the blades is probably your wife. :lol:
Yeah, laugh it up! You posted that thread on the 13th of August, and on the 15th I ordered from the RBC 4 Treet models, 1 blade each. One of them is the super hyped 7 Days. If it doesn't shave at least as good as a vintage Gillette Platinum-Plus I will hold you accountable. Spent bloody 0.19 EUR on it. :c1:

Gents, what happened here? Everybody is buying Treet 7 days. Are they better than Spoilers?

@Sweeney_ this is your deed, right? That lady in the Treet 7 Days thread packaging the blades is probably your wife. :lol:

I'm not the only one proclaiming the gospel of Treet. @malocchio had a good review of the 7 Days back in 2015. I'm a Johnny-come-lately but they do appear to finally be gaining in popularity. :001_wub:

Many years ago, probably around 2007-2008 I read on another forum and then here that Treet Platinum is their best. Bought a 100 pillar. Terrible with my whiskers. During each shave it will skip 3-4 times unexpectedly and give me a cut.

Many years have passed since I gathered the courage to buy 1 Trig Silver blade. Yes it is good, and I can recommend it to you to try (if you haven't tried it).

Many years ago, probably around 2007-2008 I read on another forum and then here that Treet Platinum is their best. Bought a 100 pillar. Terrible with my whiskers. During each shave it will skip 3-4 times unexpectedly and give me a cut.

Many years have passed since I gathered the courage to buy 1 Trig Silver blade. Yes it is good, and I can recommend it to you to try (if you haven't tried it).

I hope they'll be sharp enough for your beard Ivan. Keep in mind, I love Minora Stainless so I'm really not to be trusted. 😂

Speaking of other forums, one of the best reviews and rundown on the Treet blades was on another forum, titled ...a Treet for your face? Actually written by a member here who had previously amazed me with a 100% accuracy rate in blind blade testing. At least I think it was the same bloke. He also did two more evaluations in that forum called "House of Lords" and Six weeks in SuperMax". Great write-ups if you google them but you probably already ran across them I imagine.

Thanks, I'll have to give the Trig Silver a try.

I hope they'll be sharp enough for your beard Ivan. Keep in mind, I love Minora Stainless so I'm really not to be trusted. 😂

Speaking of other forums, one of the best reviews and rundown on the Treet blades was on another forum, titled ...a Treet for your face? Actually written by a member here who had previously amazed me with a 100% accuracy rate in blind blade testing. At least I think it was the same bloke. He also did two more evaluations in that forum called "House of Lords" and Six weeks in SuperMax". Great write-ups if you google them but you probably already ran across them I imagine.

Thanks, I'll have to give the Trig Silver a try.
They will be tried in Ming Shi 2000s @6, so no excuses.

What's wrong with the Minora Stainlees? It is a very good blade for super tough beards.

They will be tried in Ming Shi 2000s @6, so no excuses.

What's wrong with the Minora Stainlees? It is a very good blade for super tough beards.

Nothing at all, Minora SS are great blades for me but I wasn't sure if they were sharp enough for you. There is hope... if you enjoy Minora, you'll probably like the 7 Days. :thumbsup:

I like many very very mild models. Rapira Platinum Lux, Lord Classic, Lord Super, Lord Cool, Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium, Crown Platinum. Sometimes use even the borderline dull German Wilkinsons. I just need to use them in very aggressive razors. All above mentioned are used in the Progress @5.

Top Bottom