What's new

Time Machine

I'd make a quick stop in 1959 to buy a couple of these for $265 each. Value approaching $500,000 today (before the market softened):

proxy.php

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Edit: my use of the time machine was to go back in time to prevent a tragedy, which is not really in keeping with the fun aspect of this thread.

I didn't read your original post, but time travel would be fraught with difficulties and unforeseen pitfalls. You may wind up causing an even greater tragedy.

What, nobody ever watched the Twilight Zone? :biggrin:

Last edited:
I didn't read your original post, but time travel would be fraught with difficulties and unforeseen pitfalls. You may wind up causing an even great tragedy.

What, nobody ever watched the Twilight Zone? :biggrin:

Or Star Trek?

(A Sound of Thunder doesn't count; even Ben Kingsley couldn't save that one!)

I wish! Mine are all reissues. Fine instruments, but lacking the vintage ($) factor. :smile:

I doesn't matter, as long as they play the way you want. I have a really nice Standard in cherry sunburst (1994, I think). My son took my tobacco burst, which is of approximately the same vintage but with Grovers. Of course, although the top on mine is a little nicer, he took the better player (he is a much better player, so I guess it was only fair).

Enjoy!

Hell, I'd just go back a couple days to buy a Powerball ticket.

That's the best one. Requires no big effort and history is only being changed by a couple of days.

Anyway, I'd probably go to Woodstock, to have fun of course, but also to tell all the Hippies that I'm from the future and see how many people believe me. Imagine that, all the hippies have foresight into the future, but nobody believes them because they're hippies.

There's an afternoon in the summer of 1987 that I sometimes think I would like to visit again. On the other hand, I suppose that it belongs right where it is, along with the version of me that experienced it. I can still remember it with more clarity than any time machine could ever provide. Regardless of any paradoxes that time travel might involve, I can't imagine that I could enjoy those past moments any more than I did the first time. And, if I ever did, I no longer want to experience anything that happened to anyone else either. I'm happy to wake up tomorrow morning and see what that's all going to be about--no time machine for me.

I might go back and kill my grandfather, just to see what happens.

(Before anyone gets uppity about this comment: It's a joke)

I might go back and kill my grandfather, just to see what happens.

(Before anyone gets uppity about this comment: It's a joke)

Nothing. You wouldn't disappear or anything. Quantum mechanics at work :smile:

There are so many things I'd love to see I don't even know where to start...

Woodstock
Fall of the Berlin Wall
Some biblical events
The Fall of the twin towers
Obama's inauguration
Meet my Great Grandfather

The list goes on. Of course I would also buy lots of vintage stuff cheap.

Just a sidenote: I'm not going to try to change any history because going back in time doesn't change anything, except in the new alternate time line you just created. Secondly, who's to say which things should be prevented and which shouldn't? I'd feel bad if I chose say ten disasters to prevent because then that means the others are being excluded, and allowed to happen.

You could go back to the beginning of the internet and officially ban the use of YMMV:rolleyes:

I would have to go to:

Jerusalem circa 30 AD to get a first hand account.
Sept. 10 2001 to place a few warnings
Memphis April 4, 1968 to deal with a certain James Earl Ray early in the morning
November 9, 1989 to see the Berlin wall fall

I can think of so many other places, but I'll just go with these for now

Awesome Paul! I'd like to add that I'd also like to go back to the mid 1770's to be a part of what ultimately led to the great nation that is the USA!

Top Bottom