What's new

Lambda Ares V2

Btw, if you don't mind me asking, how do you like the Timeless .68 OC? I don't want to distract the thread but just curious.

Btw, if you don't mind me asking, how do you like the Timeless .68 OC? I don't want to distract the thread but just curious.
I like the .68 OC. It seems to be noticeably more efficient than the closed comb .68, somewhat like the Scalloped .95 that I have, which is an efficient razor. All of the timeless razors are different than the other razors that I have, which have a smaller head profile and are more blade forward (Tatara Nodachi, Blackbird, Haircut and a shave Ti P 076). I have Timeless Slim, but get easier and more enjoyable close shaves with the .68 and the .95. The timeless razors are large and heavy, more more like an Audi A8, as opposed to the other razors, which are more like a Porche. (Not that I have driven either one)

I've tried a few times to get through to the buy page using the password I received but all I can see is the regular sold out pages with join a wait-list. I guess I missed it.

IMG_5665.jpeg

Ares V2 continues to impress - ridiculous smoothness and efficiency - a absolute joy

💯 😎

Last edited:
Indeed and mine leaped in the tracking history, which is great. I may, maybe could get it very shortly and shave with it now, that would be just epic. Just not sure if USPS delivers tomorrow since its a holiday weekend here in the USA.

Sorry for the back to back post but here are the pictures as the razor arrived. Fortunately I was home to sign for it and am glad that I did, came earlier today than normal. To me, preliminary looks, really great, and got the manual for it (Theo did not include that in the Athena for me). I'll follow up with for that as I would like that, I'll pay for it to be shipped to as I really want that to, these aren't going anywhere. Looks really great to me. The 2019 was not on the Athena either and it says "Ares" on the box front (the Athena does as well but I did not notice), so nice. :thumbup1:

20230527_144436.jpg
20230527_144428.jpg
20230527_144412.jpg
20230527_144352.jpg
20230527_143941.jpg

Sorry for the back to back post but here are the pictures as the razor arrived. Fortunately I was home to sign for it and am glad that I did, came earlier today than normal. To me, preliminary looks, really great, and got the manual for it (Theo did not include that in the Athena for me). I'll follow up with for that as I would like that, I'll pay for it to be shipped to as I really want that to, these aren't going anywhere. Looks really great to me. The 2019 was not on the Athena either and it says "Ares" on the box front (the Athena does as well but I did not notice), so nice. :thumbup1:

View attachment 1661344View attachment 1661345View attachment 1661346View attachment 1661347View attachment 1661348
BEAUTY!

Wishing you many sublime shaves as I have had with mine.

View attachment 1661344View attachment 1661345View attachment 1661346View attachment 1661347View attachment 1661348
Very nice. I wasn’t at home when mine arrived so still waiting. Hope you enjoy the shaves.

My first shave with the Lambda Ares. I loved it. It was really terrific.

Razor: Lambda Ares
Blade: King C (1)
Brush: B and B Contributors Brush 2023
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Rex Supply 1955 (Tallow based, yes that Tallow thing)
Aftershasve: Old Spice Original (glass bottle, made in Italy), Unscented Balm (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face) worked out nicely

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

This Lambda Ares razor is awesome! I really, really like it. It did have low blade reveal, not alot of blade feel (but blade feel does not bother me), it was gentle, smooth and efficient. Even though it was open comb, and I like open comb razors as their teeth don't bother me, they the open comb teeth did not bother me one bit, like they are so smooth on the skin its like in alot of way their not there, if that makes sense, but you know their there, just a really great razor, 1st shave in.

The King C, one of my favorite blades, works in anything, did a good job as always, sharp and smooth for me.

PAA Cube, nothing to say there, works wells for me.

The Rex Supply 1955 soap, yes you read that right, Tallow based, I have not used this in a long time but it worked out really well and did a great job as always.

The B and B Contributors Brush 2023 with the Paladin Badger hair, just an outstanding brush from looks and the Badger hair, not sritchy at all, produced a great face lather, really enjoyable to use, I really, really like it, its terrific.

This was my first time using the Old Spice Aftershave Originial (or any Old Spice aftershave) I got it off of Amazon and it was said in comments the one made in Italy is better than the one made in India, also came in a glass bottle, its why I commented on it, I really enjoyed it, nice splash, spell. I used a special unscented balm afterwards, it worked out nicely.

This was a terrific shave on 8 days growth, this Ares is great, first shave in and I am really really liking it. I went WTG, WTG with touchs then ATG. No necks, nicks, weeper and irritation. Got a BBS very nice. Very happy with it.

20230529_155507.jpg

Last edited:
Just bought from TRC...can't wait. Favorite razor is the Blackbird Ti and I'm impressed that some seem to think it shaves on par with or better than the Bird!

The one thing I don't totally get is the nickel-aluminum bronze material...is it high quality? Durable?

Just bought from TRC...can't wait. Favorite razor is the Blackbird Ti and I'm impressed that some seem to think it shaves on par with or better than the Bird!

The one thing I don't totally get is the nickel-aluminum bronze material...is it high quality? Durable?
I was surprised to get an email from TRC that they had the Ares for $219.99 and the Athena for $229.99. Both quickly sold out.

I have both razors and hope that Theo does not ramp up production and flood the market.

I have a Ti Bird and just received my Ares V2 and the shave results are similar….super close. I like my Bird slightly better thus far, but the Ares is a super nice razor and performer. You’re going to like it.

Top Bottom