What's new

About Noble Otter

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I recently ordered two soaps from Noble Otter, Neon Sun and Noir et Vanille. When my order arrived, I found Barrbarr and Tis the Season in the box. I opened both up and really liked the scents. So, I emailed Noble Otter and let them know about the mixup, but told them that it was unnecessary to do anything as I was happy with the soaps I had been sent and enjoyed using their soaps...great performers.

I received an email from them today. They're sending me the soaps I originally ordered and was told to simply keep the ones I had already received...at no additional cost to me.

I feel like I just hit the Noble Otter jackpot. What a wonderful response from this artisan. Wanted to share this with all of you. Noble Otter...a class act.

Last summer I ordered their new EDP & balm for my Thé Noir et Vanille soap and splash.
I guess since the summer was so hot when they shipped it, I opened the package to find nearly liquid balm over everything.
Sent a kind email and in return a recieved a kind reply.
Within a week a new jar of balm was sent out and it was sealed properly and no problem.
They were great to deal with.
Now up to Thé Noir et Vanille, Barrbarr & Two Kings which is unfortunately being discontinued.
Great company and product.

Last summer I ordered their new EDP & balm for my Thé Noir et Vanille soap and splash.
I guess since the summer was so hot when they shipped it, I opened the package to find nearly liquid balm over everything.
Sent a kind email and in return a recieved a kind reply.
Within a week a new jar of balm was sent out and it was sealed properly and no problem.
They were great to deal with.
Now up to Thé Noir et Vanille, Barrbarr & Two Kings which is unfortunately being discontinued.
Great company and product.
@ BlueMaxx Where did you hear Barrbarr is being discontinued?

Sorry for the confusion, Two Kings is being discontinued and not Barrbarr.
M
That’s good to know. I thought Barrbarr was one of their most popular scents and I really like it! Thanks for the prompt reply and Happy Holiday Season to you.
I’m not surprised about Two Kings. I bought a sample and thought it was scentless.

I am not so sure that Two Kings is being discontinued, I heard that whatever retailers had a few months ago was it. Well actually, about a month ago Maggard got a restock including the EDP. That doesn't sound like a discontinuance, maybe they responded to customers?

That’s good to know. I thought Barrbarr was one of their most popular scents and I really like it! Thanks for the prompt reply and Happy Holiday Season to you.
I’m not surprised about Two Kings. I bought a sample and thought it was scentless.

My thoughts exactly!
I believe it is a rare miss for NO which is probably why it is retiring.
It has a VERY light hand soap scent to me, mechanics are spot on but the scent is gone by the time I walk through the bathroom door.
The splash is no help either, the smell doesn't seem to go with the soap and it has hardly any lasting scent qualities.

That being said the other two I have are regulars in my rotation.
M

I just picked up a tub of Northern Elixir for my son. He’s been averse to wet shaving and until now I hadn’t found a way to convince him to try it over his Phillips One. He has an affection for otters and the art work was just too much for him to refuse. I lathered some up while showing him how to use all the stuff I’d gotten him (synthetic omega s brush, Gillette guard razor, Nivea splash and balm) and liked the scent and consistency quite a bit, so after he’d successfully executed his first wet shave I of course stole the puck and used it myself.

All I can say is wow. I knew it was a well respected brand, but the Noble Otter soap far surpassed my expectations. For me it took a tiny bit more effort to lather than Stirling, but performed equally and rinsed clean more easily. The scent is incredibly natural and fresh as well. I wish I’d learned to shave with products like this instead of Edge canned goo! MdC is still king, but Noble Otter isn’t far behind. I’ll be ordering myself a tub of Rawr after I submit this post.

Neon Sun maybe my favorite scent from any maker...... there's plenty I've not tried but man it's up there for me. Would take something real special to unseat it from the top spot. I generally only run it in the summer because of the cooling effect but rock that edt throughout the year.

Hope you dig it

Top Bottom