What's new

Recommended Fragrances under $40

So I'm new to the fragrance game as you can see, but another area I'd like to explore is the Aquatic scents, now of course everyone does what they're comfortable with, but I'm understanding that those fragrances are especially popular warm weather scents?
I was thinking of beginning my journey with Cool Water? Any thoughts or help or even corrections to my thinking would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Great start, it was overdone years ago but I think it’s a pleasant one and not so common today.

So I'm new to the fragrance game as you can see, but another area I'd like to explore is the Aquatic scents, now of course everyone does what they're comfortable with, but I'm understanding that those fragrances are especially popular warm weather scents?
I was thinking of beginning my journey with Cool Water? Any thoughts or help or even corrections to my thinking would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Cool Water is a good one. 👍

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
You'd think I would have mentioned this one before, but I haven't; nor has anyone else, as far as I can tell. Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Colonia. Under $30, it has many similarities to Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza. Smells a bit more metallic/synthetic than Essenza, but a terrific budget option if you enjoy Italian citrus colonia. As I do. I liked it so much I bought two bottles last summer at TJ's for $12 each. There are two other frags in the line, the original Acqua Essenziale and the Acqua Essenziale Blu, neither of which I've tried. They're in that same sub $30 price range.

Essenziale.jpg

I’m puzzled Simon. Any chance that Blue Stratos and Blue Stratos Original Blue are two different scents? I mostly get powdery talcum and not much else not a hint of citrus or such…
That's interesting Hannes

Mine is quite a rich version. I have the Original Blue from the box description. It starts off fairly bluntly but then develops into quite a complex little scent over a few hours. I find the little scent changes to be quite marked for such an economy A/S. It's longevity is quite good too, maybe 2-3 hours.

Unfortunately my smell has been temporarily destroyed with recent Covid, but as I recall from a few week ago using it last, there's a lot going on, scent wise, changing to a deeper, patchuli and more woody and spicy basenote which is persistent. The citrus is not very marked initially, but there is a hint.

That's interesting Hannes

Mine is quite a rich version. I have the Original Blue from the box description. It starts off fairly bluntly but then develops into quite a complex little scent over a few hours. I find the little scent changes to be quite marked for such an economy A/S. It's longevity is quite good too, maybe 2-3 hours.

Unfortunately my smell has been temporarily destroyed with recent Covid, but as I recall from a few week ago using it last, there's a lot going on, scent wise, changing to a deeper, patchuli and more woody and spicy basenote which is persistent. The citrus is not very marked initially, but there is a hint.
I will retry it sometime soon and have a look if there is a batch number/production date on it.

Gentlemen is this considered a aquatic fragrance please:
Agua Brava by Antonio Puig, 3.4 oz Eau De Cologne Spray foMen
I was thinking maybe the word
Agua?

Eternity for Men
I always liked this growing up, if I can word this correctly, which fragrance category would this fall into, fruity, spicy, woodsy etc.
Thanks, still learning.
I liked that a lot back in the 90s, but it seems like the current product seem slightly off from how it was in the 90s. I'm thinking there was a bit of reformulation, resulting in a similar but not quite identical fragrance.

Not sure if you have a Lidl supermarket where you are. But a few weeks ago I purchased a bottle of their Deep AS that's meant to be a dupe of Bleu de Chanel as a cheap aftershave for work. I think it cost about £6 and fair play it smells amazing and lasts a good half a day. I also purchased some Razorock MudderFocker that I think is a dupe of Creed Aventus that was £9. It smells pretty good but I find within an hour or 2 I can barely smell it on me. That's not to say others can't. But both are very cheap and excellent scents.

A great aquatic line is the Bulgarian Aqua and its flankers. While it isn’t under 40$, it is widely available and would be very good for someone to test at a store to smell some high quality aquatics for comparison with a cheaper alternative. Other brands would fill this purpose as well, but I think the BA series is very good.

Cool Water is the standard affordable choice, but it was so overdone in my day, that I rarely wear it. It is very distinctive and a real bargain. Easy to overapply in my opinion.

Best Wishes

Top Bottom