What's new

Online website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone know if in the first quarter of 2000, gillette.com had an rmail contact option on their website? Was gillette.ca online in january of 2000? Assuming gillette.ca was online in january of 2000, would they happen to have an email contact option by any chance? Would anyone happen to know?

They were online at the time, and the Wayback Machine has (futilely) scraped their site, here:

But as you can see, it was built with Flash (which was all the rage at the time), but is now completely useless...

They were online at the time, and the Wayback Machine has (futilely) scraped their site, here:

But as you can see, it was built with Flash (which was all the rage at the time), but is now completely useless...
I have to say, I am really pleased that the first reply to this post was actually helpful to the OP. You are the best!

I was expecting another train wreck in the replies. I'm still kinda expecting it, but we've started off well thanks to you. ;)

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Given the birthday of the OP is apparently 1st April then this may be a spoof account but if not, then judging by his post history, the OP deserves sympathy and tolerance. The early posts amused me but now they sadden me, along with some of the responses to them from B&B members.

Well it doesnt show on archive.org the email contact option where one could have emailed at the time?? Can you show me??

I'm wondering what's provoking the question?
As are most of us, I'm sure.

As a (serious) side question to any computer guys out there, what are the chances that a 22 year old email address for a major corporation would still be a valid email today? Slight chance? Good chance? I'm honestly curious now.

Well it doesnt show on archive.org the email contact option where one could have emailed at the time?? Can you show me??
In all seriousness: What is the purpose of the question? Is it just curiosity? Are you involved in a wager of some sort? What will you do with the answer if you get one?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The website didn't specifically list an e-mail address.
They had a "contact us" button, which brought you to a web page with fields to fill out and submit to Gillette with questions/comments.
All of their "Contact Us" links lead to this page, and I can find no specific email address where they generally accepted communications.

Here is a screenshot of the Contact Us page:

Image1.jpg

As are most of us, I'm sure.

As a (serious) side question to any computer guys out there, what are the chances that a 22 year old email address for a major corporation would still be a valid email today? Slight chance? Good chance? I'm honestly curious now.
All i asked was if at the time they would have had an email posted on their website??

The website was built in Flash, so it is not possible to retrieve all the content. Having said that, one of the (now broken) links is to a page called feedback, so it was probably a webform rather than an exposed email address.
what are the chances that a 22 year old email address for a major corporation would still be a valid email today? Slight chance? Good chance? I'm honestly curious now.

Surprisingly high. Orgs I worked with in the early 90s still have valid contact emails. Once you set up generic addresses, like contact@, they tend to just persist unless you change domains.

The website was built in Flash, so it is not possible to retrieve all the content. Having said that, one of the (now broken) links is to a page called feedback, so it was probably a webform rather than an exposed email address.

Surprisingly high. Orgs I worked with in the early 90s still have valid contact emails. Once you set up generic addresses, like contact@, they tend to just persist unless you change domains.
What about edge shave gel? I cannot see an email form on this website! Rsvp.
Screenshot_20221129-215600_Chrome.jpg

Double thanks to you today. Very interesting.

I can't be sure, but I suspect the OP is trolling. If he is not, i agree with earlier posts in this thread that he deserves pity. On the other hand, my suspicion of trolling is pretty high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom