What's new

Established Themed Events & New Idea Discussion

Great idea!

A couple of others that come to mind:
And a suggestion:
  • Wedge Wednesday
Thank you @silverlifter for mentioning these. I'll add theses, including your suggestion. Nice idea!
What about Time Bandits Tuesday???

😋
Hey @Arbor Man. Thanks for the idea. This one would be fun, but I'm not that egotistical.
A hard soap day or week would be cool. Everyone need encouragement to put a dent in their hard soap.
I think this is a great idea @Slock. I'll be thinking about this one and where it may best fit. Thank you.
Great post and idea.

The wiki page captures some existing daily and monthly themes as well.

Thank you @ShavingPanda. I was unaware of this wiki. I'll be taking a look at it today.
Great post! Lots of awesomeness already happening though!

Don’t forget :
Thread 'High Efficiency Razors Summer 2022'
High Efficiency Razors Summer 2022 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/high-efficiency-razors-summer-2022.625262/

I’ve been trying to think of a clever name for a large thread for all types of Titanium razors.
Thank you @PRobots. I will be sure to include this event in my next revised post.

I've also had the idea for an event dedicated to titanium. Looks like I forgot to include in the initial post. I'll add it as a proposal idea in the next post. We'll have to put some more thought into where it might fit best though.
@KMF79
October has also OCtober and SOCtober events running.

April had for the last two years

Various Blade weeks during summer Shark, Tiger, 7 o’clock
Thank you @Multum in parvo. I'll add these three events to my next revised post. The various blade weeks are already listed though.
Also RazoRocktober
Right on @BradWorld. I'll be adding this in the next update post.
There’s the fixed four for march madness
Ah yes. Can't forget this one. I'll add this to my next revised post. Thank you @GR5233.
And not to forget, Mistura May Madness :)
Very cool @Multum in parvo. I'll be sure to add this event as well.
How about something like No Theme November, or Just Say No To Themes November? The theme for November would be to just use whatever products you want without being constrained by themes. On second thought, if the theme is to not have a theme then I guess you have a theme after all…
Hey @HoosierTrooper, nice idea. I did include this as a suggestion for Sundays though. Let me know you think and if you have any other idea for fun events.

At this point I want to give a big thanks to everyone that has either provided an established themed event I missed or a suggestion for a new event. This is the kind of dialog I was hoping for.

I'm planning on posting an update probably about once a week. I'm thinking some time on Sundays. So expect an updated post from me tomorrow. Here's were I say I wish I had edit powers so I could simply keep the first post updated. You know, incase this became a stick and all. 😉

As I said I would, here is the latest revision to the themed events you may all choose to participate in. I've included all mentioned established events on this thread up until this point (even if some have not been continued). The suggestions for new events have been added as well.

Green = Active (already an event)
Purple = Proposal (idea for possible new event)

SundayHard Soaps? / Single Edge? / Rest Day (theme is no theme)?
MondayMicromatic / Martin De Candre
TuesdayTech / Timeless / Tallow Tabac
WednesdayWolfman / Wedge? / Wimpy (small gear)? / Worthy (best gear)?
ThursdayBlackland / Titanium?
Friday(Pinad) Clubman / Frugal / Fatip
SaturdayScentless / Saponificio Varesino / Single Edge?

JanuaryGillette? / Gem? / Journey (oldest-newest)?
FebruaryPhoenix A.A.? / Fine? / Fruity? / Floral? / Fougere?
MarchFixed Four for March Madness) (2022) / Menthol?
AprilFrugal Follies Cheapskate Challenge (2022) / Arko? / Aventus? / Arian & Evans?
MayMistura May Madness / Floral? / Menthol?
JuneBeach/Ocean? / Gillette? / Gem? / Journey (oldest-newest)?
JulyBeach/Ocean? / Gillette? / Gem? / Journey (oldest-newest)?
AugustArko (2022) / Aventus (2022) / Keep Cool & Green (2022)
SeptemberSlant (2022) / Single-Edge / Speicktember (2020) / Stirling? / Sample?
OctoberTabactober (2022) / Open Comb (2022) / SOCtober (2021) / RazoRocktober (2017) / Off-Hand? / Oaken Labs?
NovemberNon-Dominant (hand)?
DecemberGrooming Department?

Monthly – "GRUME"

Seasonal - High Efficiency Razors Summer (2022)

Other Events:
Shark Week
Tiger Week
7 'O Clock Week

I hope this helps long-time members and new members alike to find more reason to enjoy shaving and to foster more participation in our awesome community here at Badger and Blade.

Looks good! In fact, I found one I should be a part of, Scentless Saturday!

Also, William's Wednesdays is big in some neighborhoods, but didn't see it on the Calendar.
Oh, that's awesome! I'm glad you found another event to participate in.

I didn't find a "William's Wednesday" when searching so I'll add it as a proposal to my next update here in this thread.

How about something like No Theme November, or Just Say No To Themes November? The theme for November would be to just use whatever products you want without being constrained by themes. On second thought, if the theme is to not have a theme then I guess you have a theme after all…
Screenshot_2022-09-15-22-48-18-639_com.android.chrome.jpg

I was a little busy enjoying my weekend, so yesterday's planned post was pushed until today. I've updated the list below with all additions and suggestions from the last week.

Note that the Calendar of Shaves wiki has been updated as well.

SundayHard Soaps? / Single-Edge? / Rest Day (theme is no theme)?
MondayMartin De Candre / Micromatic
TuesdayTallow Tabac / Tech / Timeless / Torrey / Michelle's Wool "Fat"
WednesdayWolfman / Wedge? / William's? / Hard Soap (Humpday)? / Wimpy (small gear)? / Worthy (best gear)?
ThursdayBlackland / Titanium?
Friday(Pinad) Clubman / Fatboy / Fatip / Frameback / Frugal
SaturdaySaponificio Varesino / Scentless / Single-Edge?

FebruaryPhoenix A.A.? / Fine? / Fruity? / Floral? / Fougere?
MarchFixed Four for March Madness) (2022) / Menthol?
AprilFrugal Follies Cheapskate Challenge (2022) / Arko? / Arian & Evans? / Aventus?
MayMistura May Madness / Floral? / Menthol?
JulyBeach/Ocean? / Gillette? / Gem? / Journey (oldest-newest)?
AugustArko (2022) / Aventus (2022) / Keep Cool & Green (2022)
SeptemberSlant (2022) / Single-Edge / Speicktember (2020) / Sample? / Stirling?
OctoberTabactober (2022) / Open Comb (2022) / SOCtober (2021) / RazoRocktober (2017) / Oaken Labs? / Off-Hand?
NovemberNon-Dominant (hand)?
DecemberDecemBoar (2021) / Grooming Department?

Monthly – "GRUME"

Other Events:
Shark Week
Tiger Week
7 'O Clock Week

Keep the ideas coming and if you voice your opinion on if you think any of the proposed ideas should become real events.

So apparently, I took a little too long to edit so I'm forced to post again. I've added the event from the wiki that were not here. I felt the redundancy is beneficial due to increased visibility.

Note that the Calendar of Shaves wiki has been updated as well.

SundaySingle-Edge / Hard Soaps? / Rest Day (theme is no theme)?
MondayMartin De Candre / Merkur / Micromatic / Old Spice
TuesdayTallow Tabac / Tech / Timeless / Torrey / Michelle's Wool "Fat"
WednesdayWolfman / Weck / Wedge? / William's? / Hard Soap (Humpday)? / Wimpy (small gear)? / Worthy (best gear)?
ThursdayBlackland / Three Piece / Titanium?
Friday(Pinad) Clubman / Fatboy / Fatip / Frameback / Frugal
SaturdaySaponificio Varesino / Scentless / Super Speed / Single-Edge?

FebruaryMichelle's Wool "Fat" / Fatboy (2017) / Phoenix A.A.? / Fine? / Fruity? / Floral? / Fougere?
MarchMama Bear (2016) / Open Comb (2013) / Long Comb / Fixed Four for March Madness) (2022) / Menthol?
AprilAdjustable / April Flowers (Rose) / Avon / Frugal Follies Cheapskate Challenge (2022) / Arko? / Arian & Evans? / Aventus?
MayMistura May Madness / Mystic Water / Floral? / Menthol?
JulyJuLime / Beach/Ocean? / Gillette? / Gem? / Journey (oldest-newest)?
AugustArko (2022) / Aventus (2022) / Keep Cool & Green (2022) / Mild/Medium Efficiency / Mentholgust
SeptemberSlant (2022) / Single-Edge / Speicktember (2020) / Sample? / Stirling?
OctoberL'Occtober (2016) / RazoRocktober (2017) / Schicktober / SOCtober (2021) / Tabactober (2022) / Open Comb (2022) / Oaken Labs? / Off-Hand?
NovemberNovemBayRum / N.O.vember (Noble Otter) / Non-Dominant (hand)?
DecemberDecemBoar (2021) / Grooming Department?

Monthly – "GRUME"

Other Events:
Shark Week
Tiger Week
7 'O Clock Week

Keep the ideas coming and if you voice your opinion on if you think any of the proposed ideas should become real events.

Top Bottom