What's new

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Top 10

Yeah, that is not the right thing to do. He should simply have said, thank you for the feedback. What he chooses to do with his company is ultimately his decision, but to send a scathing email like that isn't right or good.
You haven’t seen the email.

When your operating a retail business, there are a couple of number 1 rules when it comes to sales and service. #1, customer is always right, even if their not. #2, customers should be your number 1 priority, as they are what keep your business alive. Anger your customers, they never come back again. Hopefully he learns a lesson. We humans best learn from our mistakes, lest their doomed to repeat themselves.
You seem determined to slander a business without providing any evidence at all of them doing anything wrong.
You feel personally slighted (again) because someone doesn’t take your hysterical rantings seriously.
It is not the responsibility of any business owner to pander to ridiculous demands and criticisms of consumers.
You are suggesting that PAA do not prioritise customers because YOU were not taken seriously and felt disrespected. Now you want to trash the reputation of a good and honest company. Not right.

Last edited:
Everytime somebody brings PAA up it rustles all the jimmies. Yeah, costumer service is really important and obviously Doug/Eric has stumbled a couple of times. But lets stay on topic. There are millions of forum topics discussing the ins-N-outs of PAA. Check those out. Lets respect the topic.

1. Fresco
2. Cold Spices
3. Shave Chaser
4. Porthos
5. John Frum
5. Black Bot
6. Awesome Sauce
7. High Jump 47
8. Fresco
9. Fresco
10. Et tu

Everytime somebody brings PAA up it rustles all the jimmies. Yeah, costumer service is really important and obviously Doug/Eric has stumbled a couple of times. But lets stay on topic. There are millions of forum topics discussing the ins-N-outs of PAA. Check those out. Lets respect the topic.

1. Fresco
2. Cold Spices
3. Shave Chaser
4. Porthos
5. John Frum
5. Black Bot
6. Awesome Sauce
7. High Jump 47
8. Fresco
9. Fresco
10. Et tu
Im confused you have two number 5's and Fresco listed three times.

I love their Cavendish (Tobacco Scent). I too was surprised by their customer service however. I ordered a tub of Cavendish, and what came clearly didn't smell like Tobacco. I called them and mentioned this and while they sent me a new replacement tub, they asked me to send the original tub back. While that's not bad customer service, it's surprising given they can't resell used soap. I was surprised they didn't ask me to keep it given the trouble.

I love their Cavendish (Tobacco Scent). I too was surprised by their customer service however. I ordered a tub of Cavendish, and what came clearly didn't smell like Tobacco. I called them and mentioned this and while they sent me a new replacement tub, they asked me to send the original tub back. While that's not bad customer service, it's surprising given they can't resell used soap. I was surprised they didn't ask me to keep it given the trouble.
I worked R&D for a number of consumer products. We often wanted to get the complaint product back so we could investigate the cause to prevent similar issues in the future. The companies I worked for always provided a prepaid shipper to return the product.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
You haven’t seen the email.

Neither have you.

You seem determined to slander a business without providing any evidence at all of them doing anything wrong.
You feel personally slighted (again) because someone doesn’t take your hysterical rantings seriously.
It is not the responsibility of any business owner to pander to ridiculous demands and criticisms of consumers.
You are suggesting that PAA do not prioritise customers because YOU were not taken seriously and felt disrespected. Now you want to trash the reputation of a good and honest company. Not right.

He's giving his opinion, which is his right to do here, as is yours.
If you don't like his opinion, put him on ignore.
What you can't do is berate people for expressing their opinion here.
Not going to happen, got it?

A "good and honest company" is also a matter of opinion, and you can believe that if you want.

You can bet every cent you have that the person he is attacking has a different interpretation of the interaction. ;-)

Doesn't matter what opinion the other party may have of the correspondence. The gentleman here made his opinion known and that's all that matters. He's a member here, and the proprietor of PAA is no longer a member.

Last edited:
I find myself reaching for PAA shave soap less and less. I just like others more. That said, I am a fan of the Awesome Sauce and Twee (March seasonal) solid cologne and deodorant. I like fresh clean scents. I also use their Mysterium Serum regularly.

PAA is my absolute favourite soap brand. Alot of their scents are a bit over the top, but this dissapears when you rinse your face and apply some aftershave.

I have tried:
Atomic Age Bay Rum = my nr 1
Cad, very powdery scent, gave it away
Cold Spices
Future fiction

They are very thirsty soaps so you'll need to add alot of water.
I would have liked to try more of their offering but oickings in Europe are pretty slim and... I do find their prices a bit steep.

In my opinion you'll probably need to 'grow into most scents' but will have trouble reaching for others soaps once you do get used to them.

Fresco is next on my want to buy list.

Have you compared other aventus scents just curious how you compare it to others if so?
I have in order my fav to least fav

Captains Choice Venture
Fine Acroutrements (spelling?) Platinum
PAA Doppelganger grey this thread focus :)Stirling Executive Man
Stirling Executive Man

so I also have some aventus to base off but of course we all smell things dif like we all see color dif so take this as what I like I also feel these are more a homage than trying to replicate or how I view them

to me the Captains Choice was the closest but also the least in your face did not want to say weak because its a nice subtle balance and is very consistent when wet as far as a soap I love this stuff and the company is TOP NOTCH great customer service etc... also leaves little residue very clean rinsing and post (I also have the matching splash which is top notch stuff) as others say if I want more smell I can put on cologne so the less strong is fine when things are to strong the conflict can be real :) ahhahaah

the strongest is the Fine A almost in your face strong BUT I do love it when shaving you really smell it and the scent while I do not feel as accurate not sure how to describe the spicier top end feel and smooths out a touch when wet and using but strongest of the ones I have I have the matching splash while I hate menthol this has menthol but just enough to cool not be in your face this stuff is also WOW I use it often for a mid day refresh ! Long lasting scent for both soap and splash again great stuff just wish no menthol and splash would be higher up scent again is more a homage

the stirling is a very nice scent but is my least favs of the aventus homage and the performance is in last place for me I think scent carries over well when wet in use folks here love stirling though so this of course is a YMMV thing a couple of the splashes I had had a bad alergic reaction to (Bay Rum balm and splash and one other splash forgot) I only had a sample of the splash that matched but from memory was nice the allergy thing is something that can happen so not on them ! Want to make that clear :)

the PAA grey doppelgänger CK6 I do think is just behind the Fine A or 2nd strongest and when wet is in the same place I do not think its more a homage and does so very well I do love the smell and performance another top notch soap I wont be buying again though based on to many customers saying things about the company ? I do love the scent of the atomic bay rum also BUT supporting a company that I know if I had a issue is important to me and with other soaps such as Captains Choice equal performer how he supports this B&B community and heard WOW stories of going above and beyond its a no brainer to me as a small business owner myself :)

SO I really need to try SV Opunita which is on my list OK its in my cart waiting to click as that soap IMHO outperforms all above and if you are looking for an Aventus homage that might be the one to look into also

if you are looking to try PAA CK6 and love Aventus I would say the grey(gray) Doppelgänger would be a great choice and my vote

FYI, I have Stirling Executive Man, and it was an immediate smash hit with me. Smells just like Creed Aventus. And you know what else is cool? Captains Choice Venture aftershave, also smells like Creed Aventus. Today I had a shave with Stirling Executive Man, and then I finished it off with some Captains Choice Venture aftershave. Then I went out to mow grass, and despite the mower exhaust, and the wind blowing outside, I still managed to smell the Creed Aventus inspired software on me, and it was quite pleasant.

proxy.php
proxy.php
I also have the Executive Man, it is great! The scent lasts for about 3 hours on me. I also just ordered the PAA Doppelganger Grey line because I love the scent so much and I'm curious to see how the Phoenix version of Aventus stacks up next to Stirling's version.

Just an FYI, I have never smelled the real Aventus from Creed. Honestly never heard of it until I got Stirling's Executive Man lol. Maybe when I get rich I will buy some Creed Aventus, the BIG bottle of course.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I also have the Executive Man, it is great! The scent lasts for about 3 hours on me. I also just ordered the PAA Doppelganger Grey line because I love the scent so much and I'm curious to see how the Phoenix version of Aventus stacks up next to Stirling's version.

Just an FYI, I have never smelled the real Aventus from Creed. Honestly never heard of it until I got Stirling's Executive Man lol. Maybe when I get rich I will buy some Creed Aventus, the BIG bottle of course.

I'm not rich either! I could never afford a 400+ - 500+ dollar bottle of Creed Aventus. But, we can afford a Creed Aventus cologne sample size! In all honesty, that was the only way that I was able to dissern, that these aftershave inspirations, are pretty much spot on accurate, for the most part to Creed Aventus.

Screenshot from 2022-08-24 19-47-12.png

I won't provide the link to where to get it, as I do not wish to spam. But if one knows where to looks, they could scent split their scents into the sizes they are willing to pay for. The smallest sample is like 7 buckaroo's. And the largest 9OZ travel size bottle, is around 50 buckaroos. Hope this helps!

Top Bottom