What's new

What is the very first tub of shaving soap that you finished completely?

It would have been in the 1970's. Back when you couldn't turn on the AM radio in my Dads 1968 Plymouth Fury without hearing the Eagles, Steve Miller Band, or Pablo Cruise (anyone remember them). It would have been either a puck of Williams or Colgate in a coffee cup that had a picture of the 2 Swedish gals from the band ABBA. Back in those days you bought a puck of soap, you used a puck of soap, when it was gone you bought another puck of soap.

Proraso Red
Proraso-Red-Tub.jpg

several times. :001_wub:

Cold River Soap Works Lavish

Unfortunately, it's no longer in production. It was an excellent performer with a very nice scent. This one was a 3017. There are not a lot of soaps I've used to the end, but this one I did. I learned that soap inside and out, backwards and forward! And what a journey it was...

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I wish I could remember the first wet shaving soap I bought in a drugstore years ago. It has to be 30 years ago or more. It came in a dark blue container... hard as a rock. I bought a Vulfix Super Badger brush back then too. I did a google search of images from that time period... nothing I recognized.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Doesn't look like it... well, google doesn't show it... it was a dark blue plastic dish with a lid...

I bought it at an Eckerd Drug store... before Penny's bought them in 1996.... not that that is much help... it might just remain a mystery.

Last edited:
Top Bottom