What's new

What is the very first tub of shaving soap that you finished completely?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm going to speak about my return to traditional wet shaving in 2013. Proraso Green.

I'm too old to remember when I started shaving - but that would probably be either Williams or Colgate soap.
Same here. I know it was a DE of my Dad's, and probably a Gillette blade. Maybe Noxzema for the "lather"...... Probably around 1974 to remove my upper lip peach fuzz...

Same here. I know it was a DE of my Dad's, and probably a Gillette blade. Maybe Noxzema for the "lather"...... Probably around 1974 to remove my upper lip peach fuzz...
Me too - 1973-74 (thereabouts). We're a couple of old farts.

My dad had a Gillette SuperSpeed TV Special I used. He used to use Gillette Foamy, so I probably started there and then got some soap later. I really liked Colgate Shave Soap. It was easy to lather and was a good product. Wish they still made it.

A tub of Cella red followed by the kilo. I don’t think I’ve finished one since but I have a tub of Stirling Executive Man that the bottom is just barely starting to peak through

Proraso white croap the older version with menthol (prefer it to the new without menthol) was my first kill. I do prefer the green cream however and I have went through a few tubes over the years.

First tub was Proraso green...which I still haven't finished.
First one finished was Tabac (tallow)
Second puck finished AOS Sandalwood (tallow)

I finished a couple travel pucks of C&S No. 88...but those don't count.

Top Bottom