What's new

Been gone too long.....

Good evening all of you fellow shave enthusiasts. It's been many years since I frequented these parts. I was a regular poster and contributor. I was learning all about the right way to wet shave and also how to use both a double edge and a straight razor. I tried my hand at restoring some old straight razors that were forgotten by their owners with great success.

Since then (2018) i have been neck deep into collecting watches as a hobby and have learned to service the movements of them. I also began a love affair with vintage fountain pens, also massing a collection of some nice vintage pieces like the watches. But here I am once again, back where it all began. I never left wet shaving as my prefered method, using a 1957 Gillette red tip as my go to. Last night was the first time in a long time that I pulled out the 1930's Beaujeu Dumontel Siana and did a 3 pass shave.
Out came the strop and the scuttle and it was just like riding a bike. It was like seeing old friends again that you haven't seen for many year and ran into each other at a reunion of sorts.

3 passes no weeps, it was heavenly.

Just posting to say hello again and that I will see all of you fine people around once again.

Wow, my thread was a hit lol. Yeah happy to. Wearing a 1950’s tissot cal 27 today. I’ll post what I wear daily.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome back. Thanks for checking back in with us and sharing what you have been doing. I like what you have been doing with watches. That is something that I was going to try and teach myself but I have found that I don’t know what I think I know.

Btw restoration of smoking pipes is a big thing here as well. I’m to clumsy for all of that but aside of the SR‘s I enjoy all the above and some other insanities…

This one is my oldest watch a DJ from the mid 70s

07FF26A7-505B-47D7-A79E-FACABF8B99CD.jpeg

Welcome back. Thanks for checking back in with us and sharing what you have been doing. I like what you have been doing with watches. That is something that I was going to try and teach myself but I have found that I don’t know what I think I know.
Thanks and yeah restoring watches is something that takes time. It’s a whole new world to learn and I am just an amateur. You should give it a try and start slow. Learn the mechanics of it first and then buy cheap ones to try your hand at.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@Dan05, welcome back. It was interesting to read your comment that SR shaving is like riding a bike. I had always wonder if it was a skill that could be forgotten.

Last edited:
@Dan05, welcome back. It was interesting to your comment that SR shaving is like riding a bike. I had always wonder if it was a skill that could be forgotten.
I was surprised at how familiar it felt after months of not shaving with it. Maybe years!!!

I was going to just shave WTG and be done but it went off so easy I went through the full 3 passes. Stropping was slow at first but then it picked up speed. Not that I was aiming for speed. And when I say speed I don’t mean barbershop I mean what I could do before from just getting it right, you know natural speed. I don’t know but I did it and didn’t cut myself once. Lucky maybe….

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Welcome back to Badger & Blade! :)

Some of us develop that collecting gene, and once it kicks in, the collecting don't stop until the bank is empty. lol - And some of us have wives that bring us back to reality too, so as to hopefully prevent bankruptcy hehe.

I tried my hand in doing a little collecting, but nothing vintage though, just some novelty lighters, put them in a display case, haven't touched them in years lol. I do own some vintage gear that I actually use, for example, a 12-band Realistic audio equalizer, but again, not for collecting, for using.

Hopefully, now that your back, you can grace this forum with all your new knowledge you've developed over the years. HEHE. And if not, thats ok too, enjoy your stay, enjoy the conversation, but ultimately, have fun. 😁

Welcome back to Badger & Blade! :)

Some of us develop that collecting gene, and once it kicks in, the collecting don't stop until the bank is empty. lol - And some of us have wives that bring us back to reality too, so as to hopefully prevent bankruptcy hehe.

I tried my hand in doing a little collecting, but nothing vintage though, just some novelty lighters, put them in a display case, haven't touched them in years lol. I do own some vintage gear that I actually use, for example, a 12-band Realistic audio equalizer, but again, not for collecting, for using.

Hopefully, now that your back, you can grace this forum with all your new knowledge you've developed over the years. HEHE. And if not, thats ok too, enjoy your stay, enjoy the conversation, but ultimately, have fun. 😁
Thank you, I am happy to help anyone with that ever knowledge I have acquired in my time away from “home”. Anyone want any watch related assistance I’m the man to see.

I’m saying that there is so much to learn here it’s incredible. It’s funny how a day or two spent back here, I started to remember some things I thought fun about the hobby that I completely forgot like gold dollar razors.

It’s been a while but I plan to make some scales for a few razors I have ready to restore. They have been sitting they waiting for me. I have some red acrylic, wood and some horn from what I remember as materials so the rest is up to me.

Looking forward to progress photos the minute I kick this covid thing and am able to do something physical.

Reactions: cf1
Top Bottom