What's new

Mass Appeal Soap

1641923369338.png

Pre de Provence #63 for non-tallow. Runner up for me for non-tallow is Proraso Green.

Palmolive stick for tallow. Runner up is Cella Red. I would have added Tabac, but that is no longer tallow, and I haven't tried its new formulation. I also would have added Williams Mug Soap, but some find it to be difficult to lather.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Pre de Provence #63 for non-tallow. Runner up for me for non-tallow is Proraso Green.

Palmolive stick for tallow. Runner up is Cella Red. I would have added Tabac, but that is no longer tallow, and I haven't tried its new formulation. I also would have added Williams Mug Soap, but some find it to be difficult to lather.
Ooo! Darn! Palmolive Stick is phenomenal. Hard to find now though! Good choice.

Never tried it. On my list, actually in my 'zon cart!

I'd have to go with Williams, tho the price is NUTS right now! But with THIS caveat: treat the puck like a stick and face lather it. ANYONE can use and fall in love with it that way.

It's a wonderful soap, new or old formula.

Didn't know that has been happening. How much is it? I see it at my local grocery store for $1.11

Ooo! Darn! Palmolive Stick is phenomenal. Hard to find now though! Good choice.
I ordered a bunch of Palmolive sticks last summer. I have enough for many years, since I mostly only use them when traveling.

Is it true that they are discontinuing this product or making it non-tallow?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I ordered a bunch of Palmolive sticks last summer. I have enough for many years, since I mostly only use them when traveling.

Is it true that they are discontinuing this product or making it non-tallow?
Sure looks like it, based on the price and availability on the 'Bay. Lately I see it only available from Germany of all places!

And not cheap...

Proraso for sure. One cannot fault Proraso. I'm not sure I'm correct here, but I believe Badger & Blade is a US centered website? Coming 2nd, the fact that it made such an impact on the American market is telling.

Stirling and Haslinger would be at the top of my list of soaps to suggest to a random group of 100 shavers. There are several others I might consider if I knew the scent preferences of the individuals. That said, scent could be a problem with Stirling, as some others have pointed out. Even though I'm not a fan of Haslinger Schafmilch's scent, I think it's much less likely to be offended by one of the Haslinger scents than by one of the Stirling scents. If we are specifying a soap including its scent, my vote would go for Haslinger Aloe, but if I need to simply choose the brand, my vote goes for Haslinger.

Top Bottom