What's new

My wife let me pick these up while shopping today.

Good afternoon all.

While shopping earlier on this morning my wife allowed me to pick up the King C. Gillette blades to see how well they work in my 39c Sledgehammer.

I must admit I really like the luxury gold and purple packaging and how neatly they are presented in the box!!

A review will be posted accordingly.

IMG_3362.jpg

Jason.

They are meant to be excellent blades, and very long lasting, but certainly not 'low price' in my experience. A ridiculous amount of packaging for ten blades; Gillette seem to be trying to be all things to all people depending on the market.
I am guessing Gillette want the blades to have 'shelf presence' along with their other stuff.

Jason.

I picked up a 10 pack of these blades. I like them, but at $6.00 for 10 blades, I consider them to be quite expensive when I can purchase 100 blades of other brands in a bulk pack for under $20. For example, the Gillette Platinum blades are $12 per 100 blades on Amazon. Even the premium quality 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (black) blades can be purchased for $24 per 100 blades. If the King C Gillette blades were available in bulk packs at under $20 per 100, I would purchase them, but I do not consider them to be worth the retail price of 60 cents per blade. You are spending too much for packaging and retail markup. Even Feather and Kai blades can be purchased for less in bulk quantities.

Just about any blade from PPI is a great choice, but for the money there are better values out there from PPI. KCG blades are very good but their price makes them a terrible value for the money.

Your wife "allowed" you to pick up a package of razor blades? I hope you were joking.
No I am not 'joking'.

My wife knows how much I love DE shaving and she knows how much I love trying different DE blades. Hence she let me pick these up. Thats why I was ''allowed'' to pick these up.

Jason.

If you like them, just "accidentally" hit the order button on 500 Wizimets from superiridium in Spain and be done with P&G blade acquisitions. All the cool kids are ordering them :a30:
☺️

I have to agree that these are expensive blades for the quantity.
In your case, marketing worked.
People buy with their eyes (you liked the packaging). But as another said they are good blades
Happy shaves with them!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
No I am not 'joking'.

My wife knows how much I love DE shaving and she knows how much I love trying different DE blades. Hence she let me pick these up. Thats why I was ''allowed'' to pick these up.

Jason.
My wife wouldn't even let me look at 'em.

But, ........ I married her for her money and her legs, so........ I do as I'm told.

True story doggone!!!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
I actually found them in my local grocery store. This was surprising because for years they've only had one brand of DE blade in this town, across any store you care to walk into. I saw the package, clearly priced at ten dollars before taxes, and was amused to realize that all that cardboard was there to sell just 10 blades.

Reflecting that I usually buy blades for 1/7th of that price, I passed.

O.H.

I just buy mine from people stealing them and re-selling them on ebay. It feels good to give those stores what they deserve without having to do the deed myself! :devil:

Plus, I am helping somebody out who needs the money without having to physically interact with them at the bottom of the highway off ramp. :biggrin:

Yes, I am a terrible person.

No I am not 'joking'.

Jason.
Having lost my wife more than 4 1/2 years ago, I can assure you that there is nothing in my shaving arsenal that could ever be nearly as important as her or her feelings. I would gladly trade everything for a tuna can lid if I could have her back.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Having lost my wife more than 4 1/2 years ago, I can assure you that there is nothing in my shaving arsenal that could ever be nearly as important as her or her feelings. I would gladly trade everything for a tuna can lid if I could have her back.
Amen. My deepest condolences.

I went to the funeral Friday night of a man that was successful in just about everything he put his hand to. He had a great marriage, that he put in first place for over 49 years, and mentored countless couples literally around the globe.

His widow will not want for anything, even love, as she has friends, children, grandchildren.... But she won't have HIM.

The absolutely best thing about my health is that there is a VERY good chance my best friend, the War Department, will outlive me, but if werks out the other way, I will have to lean on my True best Friend a whole lot more than I do now, because I cannot imagine existing without her. She is my everything. My straight man, my sparring partner, chief cook and bottle washer, butcher, best friend.

Please, none of you listening to my joking around on here about my wife. You could only hope you had someone as good as her covering my six.

I just buy mine from people stealing them and re-selling them on ebay. It feels good to give those stores what they deserve without having to do the deed myself! :devil:

Plus, I am helping somebody out who needs the money without having to physically interact with them at the bottom of the highway off ramp. :biggrin:

Yes, I am a terrible person.
By giving "those stores what they deserve" is only interfering with what the honest consumers deserve - low prices. Retail theft hurts everyone.

Top Bottom