What's new

Just ordered my first Simpson!

That brush is beautiful but overpriced at £240 IMO. Unless you have to have a Captain 2 Manchurian I mean. A Manchurian M7 can be had for as low as £179 and a Duke 3 in 2 band Silvertip is also £240 And a 2 band Ch2 is only £35 more than the Captain Manchurian.
I know…it’s a ripoff just because it’s new or something. But I prefer a long handle because I bowl lather and my bowl is huge…
B94049F6-88CA-462D-9DCE-4BBBA0995366.jpeg

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
That brush is beautiful but overpriced at £240 IMO. Unless you have to have a Captain 2 Manchurian I mean. A Manchurian M7 can be had for as low as £179 and a Duke 3 in 2 band Silvertip is also £240 And a 2 band Ch2 is only £35 more than the Captain Manchurian.
Interesting - Simpson brush prices are pretty much based on the weight and type of hair, excluding the Major where the handle complexity is a factor. The M7 is 22x50mm and on sale at £179 but the regular price is £225. A Rover is 22x45mm and £227 so presumably is more densely packed than the M7. The Captain at £240 for 24x51 seems fairly priced to me. The Emperor 3 at £250 for 20X50mm seems overpriced unless it is very densely packed and thus using more weight of hair. There are Duke 3 Manchurians at £199 which seems excellent value especially for such a dense brush. The be clear I have never used a Rover, Emperor, or Captain although the Rover is in my spotlights.

Interesting - Simpson brush prices are pretty much based on the weight and type of hair, excluding the Major where the handle complexity is a factor. The M7 is 22x50mm and on sale at £179 but the regular price is £225. A Rover is 22x45mm and £227 so presumably is more densely packed than the M7. The Captain at £240 for 24x51 seems fairly priced to me. The Emperor 3 at £250 for 20X50mm seems overpriced unless it is very densely packed and thus using more weight of hair. There are Duke 3 Manchurians at £199 which seems excellent value especially for such a dense brush. The be clear I have never used a Rover, Emperor, or Captain although the Rover is in my spotlights.
There are deviations in pricing in the lineup. Look at Harvard or Eagle brushes compared to other similar knots. I'm not sure if density of the knot is the only factor for these price discrepancies.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
There are deviations in pricing in the lineup. Look at Harvard or Eagle brushes compared to other similar knots. I'm not sure if density of the knot is the only factor for these price discrepancies.
I have never considered a Harvard as they seem similar to a Persian Jar which did not please me. Looking at the prices though you do make a valid point; you don't often see a Harvard so perhaps that is why. The Eagles seem similar to other Pure brushes though - I would like to try one as everybody raves about them. I suppose supply and demand must be a big factor as well, most companies will charge whatever the market will bear. 👍

welcome to the brotherhood, a Simpson is a great thing! you'll love it!
Looking forward. I found the razors, blades, bowl, and soaps/creams that I really like (after 8 months of effort...and a lot of 💰 ).
I'm confident (with everyone's help) I will find brushes I really enjoy as well! :) Thanks for the welcome!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I've never seen a Captain in Super. The Emperor is usually in Super. Though there's one in Manchurian on the mother ship site that I find intriguing. I really enjoy Simpsons Super.

Top Bottom