What's new

BOSC Warriors vs The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan - Let The Battle Begin

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
It's time. The battle you've all been waiting for. BOSC Warriors vs The Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan!

In the razor corner, the Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan:
roedter1909 (1).jpg

roedter 1909 2.jpg

I like @PLANofMAN 's description:

For any guests who might stumble on this thread, the Roedter 1909 is a modified Fatip. The inside of the top cap is ground down. The blade is held nearly horizontal, and mostly unsupported. The resulting shave can best be described as "riding the razor's edge."

It's one of, if not the most aggressive DE razor ever made. @Polarbeard , a noted fan of aggressive razors, binned his for being unusable.

In the BOSC corner stand @Raven Koenes and @never-stop-learning, blades loaded and at the ready, prepared to use the vaunted Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan every day from Monday, 6/21 through Saturday, 6/26.

Big Nurse will be the referee. ;)
big nurse.png

If anyone else has a Roedter 1909 and would like to join in, please do so. :)

Shave details and pics from both BOSC combatants will be posted on this thread. :cool:

Let the games begin! :thumbup:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I cleaned up last week's Piccolo Ni, and then I loaded my Roedter 1909 for Monday. I decided to go with Gillette Yellows. The blade aligns perfectly with the cap but that's it. The blade exposure is comparable to a Mk1. The cap is a 18mm wide Mk2 cap. The baseplate is catywompus to the cap. The blade has incredible gap, I'm quite impressed. On one side the blade is right at the edge of the comb, well at least on one corner. The opposite side blade edge sits further back from the comb. The blade on that side is pushed down due to an indent in the cap just left of half way. This forces the blade into a v-shape. This should give it added rigidity, right?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I cleaned up last week's Piccolo Ni, and then I loaded my Roedter 1909 for Monday. I decided to go with Gillette Yellows. The blade aligns perfectly with the cap but that's it. The blade exposure is comparable to a Mk1. The cap is a 18mm wide Mk2 cap. The baseplate is catywompus to the cap. The blade has incredible gap, I'm quite impressed. On one side the blade is right at the edge of the comb, well at least on one corner. The opposite side blade edge sits further back from the comb. The blade on that side is pushed down due to an indent in the cap just left of half way. This forces the blade into a v-shape. This should give it added rigidity, right?

Mine 1909 is fairly square using the stock cap. Looks very much like the pics that someone (not sure who) took. Blade is almost flat and sticks a long way out there.

I'll be using a fresh Bolzano blade. :thumbup:

For the one shave I have with the 1909, steep and no pressure is the best way to go. I got through the first shave with no blood at all.

Bear in mind that I kept the strokes basic - no j-hooks or Gillette slides. ;)

Looking forward to our Monday shaves. :cool:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Mine 1909 is fairly square using the stock cap. Looks very much like the pics that someone (not sure who) took. Blade is almost flat and sticks a long way out there.

I'll be using a fresh Bolzano blade. :thumbup:

For the one shave I have with the 1909, steep and no pressure is the best way to go. I got through the first shave with no blood at all.

Bear in mind that I kept the strokes basic - no j-hooks or Gillette slides. ;)

Looking forward to our Monday shaves. :cool:
I haven't shaved without using the Gillette slide in years. I use j-hooks along my right jawline. I use the hook from my neck onto my jaw line. I can't imagine doing it any other way. We'll see. I'll probably start out slow then get cocky knowing me.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I haven't shaved without using the Gillette slide in years. I use j-hooks along my right jawline. I use the hook from my neck onto my jaw line. I can't imagine doing it any other way. We'll see. I'll probably start out slow then get cocky knowing me.

I normally use j-hooks on my neck and the slide along my jawline. Maybe after I have a couple more shaves in the record book. ;)

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Next weeks line up:

Roedter 1909/Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow
017_20.jpg

Omega Evo Ovale (Best Brush in the Universe, still)
013_18.jpg

Cyril R Salter Wild Rose
004_18.jpg

InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid/Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash)
010_18.jpg

No matter how I cut it, I'll come our smelling like a rose.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The constants from Monday through Saturday will be:

Razor: Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan
Blade: Bolzano
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature

For Monday's shave:

Brush: Omega EVO
Aftershave: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid Pure
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic EdT Spray
shave 20210621.jpg

For the balance of the week, Brush, Aftershave and Fragrance may rotate from day to day. :)

Tried to take some closeup photos of the Roedter:
roedter blade1 20210620.jpg
roedter blade2 20210620.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
The constants from Monday through Saturday will be:

Razor: Scheermes Roedter 1909 Titan
Blade: Bolzano
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature

For Monday's shave:

Brush: Omega EVO
Aftershave: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid Pure
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic EdT Spray
View attachment 1284751
For the balance of the week, Brush, Aftershave and Fragrance may rotate from day to day. :)

Tried to take some closeup photos of the Roedter:
View attachment 1284747View attachment 1284748
I love your brush! :001_wub:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :yikes:
Razor: Roedter 1909
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (1)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Cream: Cyril R Salter Wild Rose
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash)
031_22.jpg

Today's shave, with my Roedter 1909, was somewhere between really good given the amount blood to what the f-k. My initial thoughts after the shave were, I should bury the Roedter 1909 in the back yard, convert to Catholicism, get involved in the Church, find and exorcist, and bring him back to the spot to perform an exorcism. Instead I've decided to take the razor more seriously on my next shave.

Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow
View attachment 1284901
Today's shave, with my Roedter 1909, was somewhere between really good given the amount blood to what the f-k. My initial thoughts after the shave were, I should bury the Roedter 1909 in the back yard, convert to Catholicism, get involved in the Church, find and exorcist, and bring him back to the spot to perform an exorcism. Instead I've decided to take the razor more seriously on my next shave.
Yeah my reaction looking at the geometry of this razor is a pretty straight "but why".

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Yeah my reaction looking at the geometry of this razor is a pretty straight "but why".

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk
A Dutch vendor bought a stash of rejected, destroyed, razors from Fatip, packaged them in a pretty blue box, and are selling them. That is the how, but as to why? 🤔 Then take some knuckleheads from BOSC, that love Fatips, it's like spreading catnip on the carpet for cats. Another words it was irresistible. Once purchased for a hefty sum (€42.95) it's impossible not to shave with it at least once, in our case for a week.

The Dutch vendor even gives this disclaimer:
Don't order without reading this: This DE razor is probably the most aggressive razor you will ever encounter. Not suitbale for shavers with sensitive skin or for unexperienced shavers.

With this razor, you can get the result with one pass, where other razors would need 2 or 3 passes.

OK, now you have been warned, proceed to the "add" button...

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock Yellow (1)
View attachment 1284901

Patience and extreme focus are my mantras. ;)

The first shave with the Darth Vader of razors is under your belt. Should get better going forward. :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
A Dutch vendor bought a stash of rejected, destroyed, razors from Fatip, packaged them in a pretty blue box, and are selling them. That is the how, but as to why? 🤔 Then take some knuckleheads from BOSC, that love Fatips, it's like spreading catnip on the carpet for cats. Another words it was irresistible. Once purchased for a hefty sum (€42.95) it's impossible not to shave with it at least once, in our case for a week.

The Dutch vendor even gives this disclaimer:
Don't order without reading this: This DE razor is probably the most aggressive razor you will ever encounter. Not suitbale for shavers with sensitive skin or for unexperienced shavers.

With this razor, you can get the result with one pass, where other razors would need 2 or 3 passes.

OK, now you have been warned, proceed to the "add" button...
Yup.....Read that and still ordered it. ;) :letterk1:

BOSC in action! 🤣

Top Bottom