What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

48-hour beard

Gillette NEW Short Comb/new Personna Red blade

La Toja stick soap

AP Shave Co. synthetic tuxedo brush

Clubman SR aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

Workout and shower, then face-lathered with the La Toja for the first time in a while, waited my usual 3 minutes, and deployed the razor. Pass 1, WTG everywhere; pass 2, ATG everywhere with a little XTG. I was in a small hurry this a.m. and so did only a 2-pass shave. Close and comfortable, though farther from BBS than usual -- which is okay; I'll plane the face off better on Saturday.

Verdict: 9.5.

486FFA6B-EE2D-4E61-9320-E6EA06C9E7F3.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Nacet (2)
Soap: Parker Sandalwood
Brush: Omega Pro
AS: Proraso Red

A pleasant and uneventful shave. Two pass DFS

9/10

04 March 2021
20210304_063257.jpg

Prep:
Pear Soap facewash using Omega 11126 brush
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Proraso Green shave cream with regular tap water
Brush:
Gray Dog
Blade:
Lord Platinum Shave#9 and out
Passes:
WTG then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum
Rating:
8.0 CAS Moderate stubble, one nick, but no weepers. The Lord Platinum blade gave up the ghost after this shave. A Treet Platinum will replace him tomorrow. My new scuttle should be arriving today.

Prep: Shower + Bloom Water
Razor: Rockwell Model T (3→3→2)
Blade: Kai (4)
Brush: dscosmetic Discovery Synthetic
Soap: Pré de Provence No.63
Aftershave: Alum + Pré de Provence No.63 (Balm)

DFS | 7.5/10

Today is a lesson that your previous shave could affect your current one. Testing out new software and it looks to perform well. Nice scent, decent thickness but rich lather. Unfortunately, my face hasn't recovered from the previous one yet, so, quite a bit of stinging with the alum. I'm quite confident the score will improve on the next attempt of this soap.

SOTD_20210304.jpg

Thu 4th SOTD This SE AC setup is amazing!!
Soap
CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout New 1st Use[emoji106]
Brush
Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum New 1st Use[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Blade
Feather ProGuard 2nd[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
The soap...wow! I thought the Mogno was slickest but this lather slickness was as good too...very slick! It's very rich and creamy with a unique scent. Kinda heavy hearty rich scent to my nose.
The shave with this very light aluminum razor paired with the blade was incredibly good even better (slightly) than yesterday's brass handle. Super silky-smooth and incredible comfort for 3passes for a total BBS! Even the adam apple area stubborn whiskers are closely removed by this razor/blade combo which my other de razor/blades can't...wow! Rating 10/10!!
This is indeed a revelation for a possible vaccine against RAD[emoji6][emoji6]!! If only the blades are cheaper...
View attachment 1231508
Happy for you. I just used the Feather ProGuard for the first time last month. I got a solid six shaves that were outstanding.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Razor: Merkur 34G
Blade: Israeli Personna (2)
Brush: Omega 11047 mixed Badger/Boar 22mm

Soap: Stirling, Scots Pine Sheep

Fine, L'Orange Noir

A good two passes. Not perfectly smooth but suitable.
9/10

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

1614869448800.jpeg

Brush: Wild West Brushworks / 26mm Sweetspot Badger
Soap: Grooming Dept - Mallard Amore
Razor: Razorock Hawk V2 aluminum / 303 stainless handle
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild

8/10: I’m not sure if it’s the artist club style blades or the aluminum head, but I find the Hawk uncomfortable and not efficient. Then again, maybe it’s because I use it once every month. I have to say, it does get pretty close and I’ve never really cut myself.

This Mallard Amore is all-time transcendent stuff, though.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Same drill as yesterday for FFFMM, even though I am not technically participating.

hot water pre
MdC Fougere w. BK4
3 passes with ATT SSR1 w. a Crystal (2)
shower

BBS. 10/10

This new razor is extremely easy to understand. It has great heft, making it easy to avoid resorting to pressure, but it has just enough aggression to mow efficiently. Day 2 on a Crystal always marked the begin of a long smooth run when used in the AS-D2. I hope the pattern repeats with the ATT. Main differences from the AS-D2 are the feel of the weight with the shorter handle and the lack of need for buffing to get the cheeks BBS. On the throat and jaw they feel very similar. On ATG on the upper lip the Feather is more gentle, but the ATT was still quite easygoing there. All in all I am glad I yielded to RAD and looking forward to more March!
A0830BA7-8C65-44EF-94CC-21890BCFD9E0.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, PAA Unscented Cube
Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (2)
Soap: Arianna & Evans Cannabliss Santal
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery G-20 Scuttle - used to soak brush, face lathered for a change
Brush: Semogue Cherry Handle SOC Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Nice mindless shave

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thur, Mar4th 2021

Razor: Valet auto-strop C1 Canadian variant- MFG 1920's, modified gap from .011 to .007 thousands of inch to smooth out the shave 2 years ago and enjoy my shave today. Nice to use a razor back from the roaring 1920's, Valet Auto strop was a household name at that time period.
Blade: Modified GEM Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Italian barber Amici, nice mid red grapefruit scent, great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir plissoft 24 mm, nice lather generator, cloud like soft tips with good scrub back bone + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with ceraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Valet Auto-strop C1 + a Gem modified coated blade.

SE SOTD, Thur, Mar 4th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

20210303_081413.jpg

Razor: Schick N1 Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating 9.5

IMG_0226.jpeg

- Face Prep: Shower with La Toja Magno soap.
- Pre-shave: Proraso Red.
- Soap: Stirling Spice.
- Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic (Cobalt).
- Brush: Simpson's #58 Best.
- Razor: Rockwell 6S/R4.
- Blade: Crystal (1) and out.
- Aftershave: American Crew Revitalizing Toner.

Experience: Worked hard to get the #58 brush loaded and enough lather whipped up for maybe 1 and 1/2 passes. Have had some very good shaves with the Crystal blades but the last one gave me a bad shave and this one gave me a lot of razor drag. No complaints about results today, but the drag was unpleasant. I'm going to use up the 12 Crystals I have left at the rate of one per day.

Score: 8/10

Sunny 69F forecasted high today.

Thursday shave, full three-pass, 9/10, DFS, a cold water rinse before the last pass seems to be working, shave was clean, smooth, nick free:

Pre-shave: shower
Razor: Kai Kasho Woody- not quite as efficient as the Feather DX, but seems easier to shave weeper/nick free
Blade: Feather Pro (5)- probably good for one more day
Brush: Semogue Owner's Club boar
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat- tried and true, especially in our softened water
Post-shave: cold rinse, alum, cold rinse, Fine American Blend AS

Hope your shaves were fun today!

PXL_20210304_182718246.jpg

- Prep: Hot washcloth
- Brush: Simpson Beaufort B6 Pure
- Razor: Like Grandpa Grooming (Karve B plate)
- Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
- Soap: Storybook - Visions and Revisions
- Aftershave: DG MOTI
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Excellent shave. The Nacet is a perfect match for Karve/LG razors. I am running out of Storybook soap unfortunately. Amazing stuff.

New Simpson arrived today and it is a big, scrubby thing of beauty. Absolutely reeks though. Stinkiest Simpson I have ever purchased. It will go away after a few shaves in any case, but wow. 🤮

9.5/10 (-0.5 for the stank).

DEE97586-A34F-4949-ADBE-6792F150C15C.jpeg

Top Bottom