What's new

Grooming Dept club

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
My favorite hands down is Dark fall. However it’s perpetually sold out. I use mine ever so sparingly now.

Many of the lux scents are very complex. And I find I don’t reach for them often.

Hey all I'm looking to give DB soaps a try and would love to get a feel for what ya'll like and maybe why. I tend to like more muted scents but am always game to try new things. Thanks for the enlightenment.
I can't say that I have tried them all but here are some that I do like:

Yuzu Rose Patchouli
Trismegistus
Dirtyver (seasonal)
La Petite Prairie

DG is constantly introducing new scents. It is really hard to keep up. Since I am trying to use up what I have, I have stopped buying the new scents. I just looked at the website and he has a new one up called Fake Yellow Light of all things.

The Milksteak base is really good so if you like the scent you are golden.

Have tried maybe 5 of their scents. Yuzu Rose Patchouli far and away my fav. Also love 88 Chestnut St. I know some of these type get described as citrus, but to me more like a very nice fougere

Try Confluence. A very subtle and less overpower CL and DG collaboration. Cedary and light and really a beautiful scent. First soap ive bought an edt for

It's looks like there's going to be a huge drop of Grooming Dept soaps at WCS in the not too distant future. I don't know if there are any new releases, but there are re releases.

These are all soaps that have been released before in different bases. The new ones are all Kairos based except for that Aion Nai base. He did it in the Vegan Nai formula which I CAN NOT WAIT FOR!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Coast Shaving already have several Grooming Dept soaps in stock. The most recent release is the new Amore WCS exclusive scent in the new, improved Mallard formula. Both the scent and the new soap base are wonderful; it has quickly become one of my favorite Grooming Dept soaps. There are other soaps in stock as well.

There was a time when the only way to get Grooming Dept soaps was to purchase directly from the groomingdept.com web site or from West Coast Shaving, but times have changed and Mohammad's soaps are more available than ever. They are also stocked at The Razor Company, The Handle Bar Supply, Pasteur Pharmacy, Italian Barber in Canada, and Slickboys in U.K. I understand that another outlet may be added in Eastern Europe. At one time Grooming Dept soaps were unobtanium and if you did not grab one within a few minutes of release, you missed out. Those days are behind us.

I'm pretty new to Grooming Dept soaps, but I honestly don't think I've used anything better. There are some that are on par with GD, but nothing better.
Yes to me I just shake my head when I use GD soaps and say WOW this stuff is great.
So many great choices out there. But GD is the best. This is my opinion.
You may be new but you know a great soap when you use one.

I posted this on the DFS GD page so might as well post it here. The first pic is of all the soaps that I am about to sell and the second is my current rotation and the third pic is of some of my back up tubs and various ones that I will always keep and love. Obviously, I have waaaay too many soaps!!
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I posted this on the DFS GD page so might as well post it here. The first pic is of all the soaps that I am about to sell and the second is my current rotation and the third pic is of some of my back up tubs and various ones that I will always keep and love. Obviously, I have waaaay too many soaps!!

Wow! Impressive! How do you like the Lavender? And how about the Cedarwood? I'm considering these two.

Top Bottom