What's new

Grooming Dept club

Above all the best declaration grooming soap scent to me is definitely Fake Yellow Light. Very masculine and indescribable scent that smells great to me. The usual millsteak performance.

Yes I did buy a few as well.
GD soaps to me are one of the best out there.
Fantastic post shave longevity and some tremendous scents.
One of the few soaps I use that I strictly just use a uncented aftershave/balm.

I have Mallard Earl Grey Gelato and Corretto coming. Mohammad did note that shipments will be delayed slightly.

The current release of Mallard is supposed to be a minor improvement on the performance of Mallard Amore released Valentine's day. That version was significantly better than the previous release of Mallard. I am really looking forward to trying the new soaps.

Mallard Amore was my favorite soap until Ariana and Evans released Kaizen 2e with emu oil. Thus, as soon as the new Mallard soaps arrive, I will do a side-by-side face off between the new Mallard and Amore and also between Mallard and Kaizen 2e. Results of my evaluations will be posted here.

Mohammad is hoping to have some additional releases closer to the holidays, assuming his health holds. Like Peter of A&E, Mohammad is never satisfied with the performance of existing formulas, so anticipate some improvements when the new soaps are released.

For the holidays, Mohammad is also hoping to release a special edition soap called Ousia which will be based on Kairos, but with the edition of lamb tallow and donkey milk. I hope to find a tub of Ousia in my Christmas stocking rather than a lump of coal.

GD fan here.
But ashamed to say I’m hoping this new batch sells out. I don’t need more soap but it’s just so tempting.

I can certainly identify with the aspect of not needing more soap. I passed that point several years ago. However, I enjoy using top tier soap so much more than using lesser soaps. I know I will never live long enough to use up the soaps I have purchased, but as long as artisans like Mohammad of Grooming Dept and Peter of Ariana and Evans keep improving the performance of their soaps, I will continue purchasing them, even if it means giving away or tossing out soaps that I no longer enjoy.

For most of my life, shaving was a necessary chore. In the past few years, having acquired the right shaving hardware and software and shaving techniques so that I now enjoy my shaves and the way my face feels afterward.

You can never have too many superb shaving soaps as long as you can afford to purchase them.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I can certainly identify with the aspect of not needing more soap. I passed that point several years ago. However, I enjoy using top tier soap so much more than using lesser soaps. I know I will never live long enough to use up the soaps I have purchased, but as long as artisans like Mohammad of Grooming Dept and Peter of Ariana and Evans keep improving the performance of their soaps, I will continue purchasing them, even if it means giving away or tossing out soaps that I no longer enjoy.

For most of my life, shaving was a necessary chore. In the past few years, having acquired the right shaving hardware and software and shaving techniques so that I now enjoy my shaves and the way my face feels afterward.

You can never have too many superb shaving soaps as long as you can afford to purchase them.
Well said my friend! And as long as Mrs RayClem is happy, and your obligations are met, who cares?

Got two pucks of the new Mallard in this week, Almond Vanilla and Coconut Rum. I shave with nothing but ZM, T&S, SV, B&M, Soap Commander and GD soaps. They are all top shelf for me. Before now, my finest ever soap used was GD Angel. This Mallard Almond Vanilla just unseated Angel. For me, his best scent ever, and the performance is just superb. We’ll done Mo!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Pucks???? it's a croap last I knew. Does he have a hardened formula in a puck?

It's only a puck if it is a chunk of soap without a container and holds its shape (My opinion)

FarmerTan

Pucks???? it's a croap last I knew. Does he have a hardened formula in a puck?

It's only a puck if it is a chunk of soap without a container and holds its shape (My opinion)
That's because I think you are like me: you like to rub a puck on yer face like it's a stick.

Admit it!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
That's because I think you are like me: you like to rub a puck on yer face like it's a stick.

Admit it!
I actually don't. I grate most shave sticks. Softer sticks are fine, but harder ones I don't like. I usually load from soap, then hand lather and then to the face.

FarmerTan

I actually don't. I grate most shave sticks. Softer sticks are fine, but harder ones I don't like. I usually load from soap, then hand lather and then to the face.
Brother, ya know, I hate to throw my "Ambassadorial weight" around, but this is dern near shave soap blasphemy!

I may have to bring this up with @Owen Bawn , I'm sure he has an opinion....(he's got more opinions than I do!)

Top Bottom