What's new

What's in your pocket today?

Parker 180, Broad/Fine nib, Noodler's Kung Te-cheng.

Pilot Custom Heritage 91, FM nib, De Atramentis Fog Grey Document ink.

This particular Noodler's is a very nice shade of purple, and I like the water resistance, but I got the impression a few years ago that it tended to clog my pens, and hadn't used it in quite a while. I'm giving it a second chance, though, in a pen that is at worst easy to clean, and so far it's working just fine.

The Custom Heritage 91 is indistinguishable in overall shape from the 92, but it's a solid color rather than a demonstrator, and uses the large CON-70 converter rather than a built in piston filler. The Pilot fine/medium nib is a good size for most of my writing.

The tiny little Rhodia notebook fits in a shirt pocket and is good for quick jottings. I doubt that I'll get this size again, though, after filling this one and one more that I have.
20201228_092527.jpg

Carrying a noodlers ahab on some quick errands today. It's three years old and stinks still. Its full of Robert Oster great southern sea, a lovely blue-green with nice shading and its quick drying.

@kcore, I asked because my son and daughter got me a Chartres Blue 3776 Century for Christmas. It has a Medium nib but writes like a Fine. Which is odd. Nice pen though 🙂

@Marco63 that's a very nice gift to receive congratulations. Usually the Japanese manufacturers tend to run a bit on the finer side. My fine on the 3776 really feels like a western Extra Fine but since I tend to write small it really works well for me.

Well, more that these, actually, but I've been keeping this older Pilot Elite almost constantly inked for a while. The 18k "soft" extra fine nib is not absolutely the best for writing at length, but it's okay, and I like it for sketching. I'm using up a number of Pilot Black, Blue-Black, and Blue cartridges, Blue-Black is in there right now.

By the way, in view of the recent thread on "nib creep", this is what I would consider a normal, tolerable degree of that.

And I have a mechanical pencil with me as usual. This 0.7 mm Pentel Kerry is a favorite that went missing for a couple of months earlier this last year. Then a coworker found it on the high shelf in our technical library where I'd apparently put it in a moment of abstraction. He couldn't be sure that it was mine, but figured that only I would have such a "fancy pen". He didn't realize that it was a pencil, but it helps to have a reputation as the local pen guy.
PentelPilot.jpg

Top Bottom