What's new

WEBER! Mostly Kettles but love their gassers.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've never owned a gas grill, but I am a huge fan of the Weber Kettle charcoal grill. It's high quality, in the first place, and their 10-year warranty is unmatched. I've told the story in other posts, but the short version is that I pretty much got a new grill (free of charge, including shipping) when the Kettle I had for nearly 10 years wore out a bit. All it took was a brief phone call.

Here we are, more than 10 years after that, and that replacement grill is starting to get a bit worn out. I'll replace it with another Weber.

As long as Weber maintains the quality of its products and service, I'll always own a Weber grill, and I'll always strongly recommend them.

I have a Weber Kettle and a Kamado Joe. Both are charcoal grills (I can cook on gas in the house). I got the KJ for a serious discount (a friend was going through a divorce and the husband left the KJ, she sold the whole package for $50), but I still use the Kettle more frequently. I find it easier to start (chimney user) and easier to prepare delicious food.

I have a Genesis II E-330 with stainless grates, got tired of replacing rusted out grills every two years and a 22" kettle I bought at a garage sale for 20$ 15 years ago. Weber all the way.

If you have exchange privileges (AAFES or NEX), check their websites. I had decided on a Weber Spirit and the price I was going to pay at Lowe’s. My wife found the same sized Genesis on the AAFES website for the same price as the Spirit. Totally worth the drive to El Paso to pick up at Ft. Bliss. Love this grill, it runs up to 600 degrees in minutes. Also have a BGE which is perfect for low and slow ribs, brisket or hot and high pizza. I find either grill is fine for finishing steaks coming out of sous vid.

Newest member of the family! Ordered it while on deployment. Just got her together with some nice Koa handles
proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fleet:
1. Standard black 22" kettle, from 2002.
2. Copper 22" kettle, from 2008.
3. 28.5" kettle with ash catcher (deluxe?), from 2016
4. Smokey Mountain 18.5" , from 2006.
5. Weber Q for those times when I grill in the garage due to rain.
6. Weber Genesis 3 burner in copper purchased in 2017.
All look and perform like New- I have covers on all of them.

My fleet:
1. Standard black 22" kettle, from 2002.
2. Copper 22" kettle, from 2008.
3. 28.5" kettle with ash catcher (deluxe?), from 2016
4. Smokey Mountain 18.5" , from 2006.
5. Weber Q for those times when I grill in the garage due to rain.
6. Weber Genesis 3 burner in copper purchased in 2017.
All look and perform like New- I have covers on all of them.

Covers are a necessity if being stored outdoors, even under shelter/overhangs

proxy.php

After many years of buying the $99 gas grill every couple years... I spluged for a summit six burner. Now my grills live outside and don't have any cover so they lead kind of a rough life. I think my summit is about 5-6 years old and I must admit to being a bit disappointed. The little lights are darn near impossible to keep working due, and when the hinge on one of the cabinets fell apart I called them and if I recall they wanted $50 for basically a bolt with no head and a nut... I now have a covered deck and use it sometimes but I need to make up a propane line so I don't have to keep using those little propane tanks. I also have a large wok, disco, and a flat griddle that I use regularly so maybe I should get rid of the summit and pick up a smoker...
🤔

I’ve had a 22” Weber performer for at least 9 years now. Lives outside uncovered and absolutely love it. Its a propane start charcoal, so ease of gas ignition with flavor of charcoal. Absolutely the best $300 I ever spent.

I have a Weber Performer, from the 90's, so it uses the 5lb tank and has the stainless work surface
The gas grill is the Summit S-670 Natural Gas model. During the holidays I usually have both going for rotisserie cooking large pieces of meats.

Loved my weber with table. Have a beat up 26" kettle and the Weber summit charcoal smoker. It can run 30 hours on a load of charcoal. Fireboard temp gauge is the best thing I added , if you have a kettle a Slow and Sear is a great addition as well
IMG_20180506_013440950.jpg

I just got rid of my Weber Genesis and bought a Broil-Grill. I only bought it as it was on super clearance.

My Weber lasted for 18 years and was still usable when I got rid of it. Never even had a cover.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I have a Genesis and a WSM. Both are just outside the kitchen door. In the summer when it is too hot for the oven indoors, they become the primary places I cook.

Last edited:
Top Bottom