What's new

WEBER! Mostly Kettles but love their gassers.

Who else here is a Weber fanatic? My wife says I have a problem, I disagree though.
1.Just ordered the Glen Blue 26, I open it when I get home from deployment.
2.2010 26er I picked up for free off an older lady. She no joke probably got rid of it because she couldnt lift the lid anymore. Must have been in her 70s. She use to smoke all her turkeys on it she told me.
3. 1985 Red Head that I use strictly with my KettlePizza.
4. 2008 Green Performer Deluxe
5. Char Q
6. 1999 WSM 18"
7. A 1977 Yellow 22" AKA The Gourmet.

Not a grill put I also have the Weber Fire Pit.

Who else here is a Weber fanatic? My wife says I have a problem, I disagree though.
1.Just ordered the Glen Blue 26, I open it when I get home from deployment.
2.2010 26er I picked up for free off an older lady. She no joke probably got rid of it because she couldnt lift the lid anymore. Must have been in her 70s. She use to smoke all her turkeys on it she told me.
3. 1985 Red Head that I use strictly with my KettlePizza.
4. 2008 Green Performer Deluxe
5. Char Q
6. 1999 WSM 18"

Not a grill put I also have the Weber Fire Pit.
I’ve had a few grills in my time, but until I got my Weber, I had not really grilled properly! Some would say I still haven’t. Mine is a propane Weber Genesis. My wife can’t eat charcoal cooked foods, they give her indigestion. But for some reason she loves the propane and natural gas cooked foods.

FC94B79C-1C50-4295-B07F-20C9B9072B3B.jpeg

I’ve had a few grills in my time, but until I got my Weber, I had not really grilled properly! Some would say I still haven’t. Mine is a propane Weber Genesis. My wife can’t eat charcoal cooked foods, they give her indigestion. But for some reason she loves the propane and natural gas cooked foods.

View attachment 1136350
I had that exact same Genesis in black, sold it too a buddy when I got into the Charcoal world. Ill probably get another gasser soon for nights I don't have time to figure up the kettle.

I had that exact same Genesis in black, sold it too a buddy when I got into the Charcoal world. Ill probably get another gasser soon for nights I don't have time to figure up the kettle.
My previous grill was a Dukane natural gas. I thought that I loved that grill until I got this one. I’ve never seen a gasser where you could precisely control the temperature...until now.

When we first moved out the 'burbs we bought a ~$200 kettle as our first official grill (like 4 years ago) .. I can't argue with the price point, its works as intended, and the price/inconvenience of charcoal keeps us from turning into meataholics ;)

When we first moved out the 'burbs we bought a ~$200 kettle as our first official grill (like 4 years ago) .. I can't argue with the price point, its works as intended, and the price/inconvenience of charcoal keeps us from turning into meataholics ;)

You’re the people I like! Haha I’ve bought all mine used! People decide they don’t like dealing with charcoal and sell their grill for a fraction of the price. My performer and both kettles were cheaper than what you spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Avi

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
My family includes
18" Smokey Mountain
22" Kettle
18" Kettle
Smokey Joe
Does anyone make grill versions of those My Family stickers for cars?

My family includes
18" Smokey Mountain
22" Kettle
18" Kettle
Smokey Joe
Does anyone make grill versions of those My Family stickers for cars?
Here you go! Tell him which ones you want and he will build your "family." Not sure about you but I love replacing the crap fiberglass with wooden handles. If you need a recommendation for that let me know. I know some guys. Smoked Salted and Cured BBQ Decals and by SmokedSaltedandCured - https://www.etsy.com/shop/smokedsaltedandcured/
proxy.php

You’re the people I like! Haha I’ve bought all mine used! People decide they don’t like dealing with charcoal and sell their grill for a fraction of the price. My performer and both kettles were cheaper than what you spent.

Fair enough :) I think in this day and age of the Kamado's/Big Green Eggs / crazy smokers and gas grills, you can definitely blow serious dollars. Actually I do get your point, the irony is we bought the 18" (which at the time w/ two of us we thought would be impossibly large). But 2 munchkins later + guests (and the timescale of slow cooking vs high heat cooking) one does get the urge sell it to someone to.. UPGRADE!!

As an aside I don't really find charcoal that inconvenient .. but I think its the mental enjoyment of sitting outside and having a beer, while watching the chimney. To pick a weird but apropos analogy its bit like a slow shave.. one does it because.. well why not?

As an aside I don't really find charcoal that inconvenient .. but I think its the mental enjoyment of sitting outside and having a beer, while watching the chimney. To pick a weird but apropos analogy its bit like a slow shave.. one does it because.. well why not?
If you wanna “upgrade” look on Facebook, Craigslist and offerup. You can pick up a 22” kettle a basic one mind you for 20 bucks. You can get a nicer one (enclosed ash catcher) for 50-100 normally. I can send you links on restoration. It’s not hard just a little elbow grease really.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avi

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Now's the time to start checking around department stores for deals. In August a couple years ago I bought my Smokey Joe for $10 at Target, and they had other kettles for $35ish

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I've had the same 22" Weber Kettle for 40 (+/-) years. Done more turkeys, steaks, burgers, pork butts, ribs, chicken, fish, veggies and more on that BBQ than I can think.

Simple, effective and easy to use. Charcoal chimneys were a great invention. :)

Also have a big offset smoker that will hold more stuff, but the Weber is still King and will never be sold.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Pretty much the same in Oklahoma. I’ve stepped outside on a day with ice covering the streets and smelled someone grilling.
Same here, though we don’t get as many ice days as you guys. Ice day means most people don’t work- great excuse to fire up the grill. :)

stable

3 small weber kettles. one came with the house, SWMBO picked up the other 2 from the curb (she goes curbside shopping 2 days a week now that she is not going inside to thrift stores).

proxy.php

Weber genesis 3 gas (older long /side-to-side burners). This one was free. Needed flavor bars and burners.

proxy.php

Charbroil 3 burner (cast brass pyramidal burners). Modified to use lava rocks with a variable regulator which can go all the way to afterburners mode (flames top the open lid)

Gen-tec pellet smoker (the smallest they make with dual probe pid).

proxy.php

2 burner gas range master. Another curbside find

proxy.php

Weber genesis 2. I tore the legs off and fit it in. Another curbside find. New flavor bars

proxy.php

Snow is snow problem

proxy.php

I'm satisfied and not looking

Last edited:
Top Bottom