What's new

What are you listening to?

Brubeck in Amsterdam (1962). A few years back I bought 2 Brubeck LPs never released on CD from a guy on ebay who was nice enough to include CDs burned from both LPs. The other LP was The Last Time We Saw Paris (1967). This is one of my favorite Brubeck tracks.

Henry Mancini and his Orchestra--All The Best. Years ago I learned why my parents loved music like this, also Ray Conniff, Bert Kaempfert, Nelson Riddle, Mitch Miller, and many more icons of easy listening music. The stuff is timeless and for me at least, a joy to listen to. Takes my mind away for a bit from all the troubles our world and country are facing.

I had to spend the day, finally, at the orthopedic clinic, prodded, stretched, manipulated, imaged all in preparation for more joint surgery, growing old sometimes sucks...but I got back at the staff, alternating music between The Captain and His Magic Band and Frank Zappa (what they say about payback?). It has been some time since I listened to Beefheart's Spotlight Kid/Clear Spot, growing old not so bad, Memories of his concerts, odd times, good music!

Top Bottom