What's new

YAQI KNIGHT HELMET

For me your link leads to a picture much smaller than a postage stamp and I can't enlarge it. Can't even tell what it is!

It's this

proxy.php

I hear that it's ridiculously aggressive like shaving with just the blade itself. It looks nice but I'm not down for high aggression.

I hear that it's ridiculously aggressive like shaving with just the blade itself. It looks nice but I'm not down for high aggression.

That's the impression I have gathered as well. Their slant is supposed to be incredibly aggressive as well. I've used the EJ89 alike and V3A style heads of theirs which for my tastes are more aggressive than I like as well, but the Knight Helmet is supposed to be the most aggressive of them all and in comparison to other makers it's supposed to have more bite than the R41.

Looks like somebody tried to design a closed version of the Mellon head crossed with a badly done imitation of a Muhle R41. Lots better razor designs out there than this monstrosity.

BTW, I like the Yaqi Mellon razor head quite a lot. Sure, it could stand to be a bit more aggressive, but this Knight Helmet thing is the wrong way to go about it.

Looks a bit much in the aggression department for me, but certainly an ‘interesting’ design.

Purchased and shaved this morning with the Knight's Helmet. Used a Treet Black Beauty blade.

My impression is that the head is not as 'sure footed' (firmly clamped) as the R41.

There's less audible feedback than I would have thought, by looking at the design, as there is little base plate support underneath the blade. Which made me slightly fearful, but as the blade is tightened, and clamped the blade takes on the inside curvature of the underside of the top cap, which may minimise the blade from digging into the skin since the edge of the blade is pointing away from the skin?

The shave experience was okay, but as a regular user of the R41 for me the R41 still wins. I will shave again with a sharper blade and re-appraise. Closeness of shave at the moment, using the Knight's Helmet is a 'gnat's ****' below that of the R41 !

Second shave today with the Knight's Helmet, this time using a new Muhle blade. Definitely a closer shave, and on a par with the R41 the razor doesn't glide as good as the R41 but nevertheless shaves efficiently. -No cuts or nicks.

I have also noticed that the head covers the blade tabs just like the R41.

Definitely a keeper !

Second shave today with the Knight's Helmet, this time using a new Muhle blade. Definitely a closer shave, and on a par with the R41 the razor doesn't glide as good as the R41 but nevertheless shaves efficiently. -No cuts or nicks.

I have also noticed that the head covers the blade tabs just like the R41.

Definitely a keeper !
I really like the R41 with the Mellon/Beast top cap. I wonder what the R41 would feel like paired with this new top cap.

I like the unique look and am interested in trying. It is cheap enough to just go for it. I always am looking for something different to experience.

Third shave today with Knight's Helmet and using a new Feather Blade ! Apart from a couple of minor weepers (to be expected using a new Feather blade) one of the best shaves ever. So much so I noted the event against today's date in my diary !

Third shave today with Knight's Helmet and using a new Feather Blade ! Apart from a couple of minor weepers (to be expected using a new Feather blade) one of the best shaves ever. So much so I noted the event against today's date in my diary !
Glad you like it so much! Seems like a good deal.

I feel I should point out that a genuine Muhle R41 head can be bought from several of the European websites for under $20. To me the Knight Helmet is an obvious attempt to clone an R41.

I feel I should point out that a genuine Muhle R41 head can be bought from several of the European websites for under $20. To me the Knight Helmet is an obvious attempt to clone an R41.
With a funky top cap! Lol, but very good point. It may shave differently than the R41, which some people may prefer.

I did not enjoy my first shave with the Knight Helmet. I will try again with a smoother blade (I used a Crystal), but it might just have too much blade exposure for my taste.

Top Bottom