What's new

GC .68

B

Barney14

This razor really is a game changer, a little more aggressive than a Tech.
Fit and finish for £65 are excellent, no worries about plating or Zamak.
Covered tabs and fool proof blade location.
I use GSBs and Proraso red for the best combination of a close and smooth shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The GC .68 really is a very good razor.

Once proper technique is learned, you can get really close and consistent shaves without nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

B

Barney14

The GC .68 really is a very good razor.

Once proper technique is learned, you can get really close and consistent shaves without nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

I was getting sick of getting nicks and cuts, the GC is very forgiving but delivers a close shave without any drama, a pleasure to use.

I just used the GC68 the other day and it gave me a great shave. However, the feel of the razor was a bit muted. I had some blade feedback but not a crisp feel. Does anyone have a similar experience using this razor?

The GC .84 plate is in stock right now. Even though I love using the GC 68 plate for every day use I just ordered the GC .84 plate.
Oooo That is very tempting. I might pick one up to test it out.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
With mild razors like the RR GC .68-SB, a shallow angle with multiple passes WTG, ATG, XTG and with no unnecessary pressure is the technique that gets me a BBS result without irritation.

YMMV

The .68 is the best razor I’ve ever used. I tried the .84 but it was too aggressive for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speaking of the .84, I just received my GC .84 OC plate yesterday. Did 1 shave and even though it shaved well, it finally confirmed 1 thing - I just don't really like OC razors. That said, would anyone like to trade a relatively new GC .84 solid bar plate for a once used GC .84 OC plate? I'm in a suburb of Atlanta, GA.

I've tried to love the .68 but can't. There's a lot of talk about being much like a tech but the tech's I've had shaved me much more efficiently. I've been shaving strictly with the .68 for the two weeks trying to work angles but just can't come to love it. Going to be putting it on BST tomorrow evening.
FWIW, the .84 SB did shave me much more efficiently but I would start getting bad irritation after four days straight with it. The .84 OC did that after two days.

I've tried to love the .68 but can't. There's a lot of talk about being much like a tech but the tech's I've had shaved me much more efficiently. I've been shaving strictly with the .68 for the two weeks trying to work angles but just can't come to love it. Going to be putting it on BST tomorrow evening.
FWIW, the .84 SB did shave me much more efficiently but I would start getting bad irritation after four days straight with it. The .84 OC did that after two days.

For me the .68-P has been perfect for every day use. But wanted to buy the .84-P plate in case I like it better.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I've tried to love the .68 but can't. There's a lot of talk about being much like a tech but the tech's I've had shaved me much more efficiently. I've been shaving strictly with the .68 for the two weeks trying to work angles but just can't come to love it.
Sorry to hear this. I know how much you wanted the .68 to work. :(

I had the exact feelings and sold both the GC .68P and GC .84P. The .68 was just so so and the .84 was too aggressive. I wanted to love one or the other but it just wasn’t in the cards. I am so glad others love this razor.

Have you tried other blades with it? I find that it much prefers sharper blades so Shark SS has been working well for me. I'm going to try a feather with it soon.

Top Bottom