What's new

A Few More Yaqi Badger Brushes For Me To Enjoy :)

Well then, I’ll be watching their site for a sale. If it’s cheap enough, I’ll buy one. If I don’t like it, I’ll give it away.
What he said ^^
I have a 2band badger from DS but it leaves me wanting for better 'feel' compared to Yaqi 2band. I think I got it for $20 during one of the sale promotions and it would have been silly to pass on a badger brush in 26mm knot at that price.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Love seeing them!

What a great and inexpensive product.

(Have the Mysterious Space and black marble ones)

AA

I recently received a Yaqi 24mm silvertip with the Mysterious Space handle. Similar to other posts, I find it to be excellent - soft tips, bloomed nicely and feels full when I face lather, lathers well, good backbone without being excessive, nice handle, . . . no complaints at all.

Now I'm thinking of trying a 30 mm silvertip to see what the increased size gets me; I'll probably order a Maseto in horn as I haven't seen a 30 mm silvertip badger from Yaqi (if they exist, please let me know!).

I recently received a Yaqi 24mm silvertip with the Mysterious Space handle. Similar to other posts, I find it to be excellent - soft tips, bloomed nicely and feels full when I face lather, lathers well, good backbone without being excessive, nice handle, . . . no complaints at all.

Now I'm thinking of trying a 30 mm silvertip to see what the increased size gets me; I'll probably order a Maseto in horn as I haven't seen a 30 mm silvertip badger from Yaqi (if they exist, please let me know!).

Currently their biggest badger is the 2 band 26mm.

In any case, they pack their knots to be bigger than the stated size. I find the 24mm to be more like a 26mm.

Currently their biggest badger is the 2 band 26mm.

In any case, they pack their knots to be bigger than the stated size. I find the 24mm to be more like a 26mm.

It's possible they are specifying the actual knot size and not how it measures at the base when seated in the handle (typically 1.5-2mm extra).

It's possible they are specifying the actual knot size and not how it measures at the base when seated in the handle (typically 1.5-2mm extra).

I do understand knots are measured at the glue plug and not the top of the handle but I've had many badger brushes over the years and no 24mm has ever felt as big as the 24mm Yaqi badger brushes.

I'm not complaining though because Yaqi badger brushes are just awesome!!

I do understand knots are measured at the glue plug and not the top of the handle but I've had many badger brushes over the years and no 24mm has ever felt as big as the 24mm Yaqi badger brushes.

Most shops and manufacturers specify the knot size at the opening.

Top Bottom