Blade: Schick Injector (D4)
Brush: Brad Sears w Envy White 26mm
Scuttle: Yoresh
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Cream: Acqua Di Parma
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Colonia Balsamica Toner

The Fenomeno brand already has several soaps in the collection. This soap is produced in Russia by Vyacheslav Yagudin. Very good product in its characteristics.

Thank you, sir. Yes, I found references to several soaps under this brand. It is always nice to see shaving products from other countries in the SOTD posts.

In love with the B&M Reserve line. SOTD Rex, Cool Soap and EDT, StarCraft brush, GSB.
C4E2144E-E74C-4BD4-BD9D-0AE89E5143B6.jpeg

Last edited:
Phoenix Shaving | Black Bot
RazoRock 400 | Noir Plissoft
Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20
Leeming Pfizer | Black Belt Cologne (1968)

proxy.php

SOTD : 22nd August 2019.

b.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Vie Long Horsehair Brush.

Face Lather.

Soap: Vie Long Shave Stick.

Blade: Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum.(4)

Razor: Pearl ~ SBF-11.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Selin ~ Turkish Lemon Cologne.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Maiden shave with the Vie Long Shave stick, which is a rebranded tallow version of the old LEA shave stick.

I was recommended by a fellow member of TSR (UK) to give the V.L. stick a try in comparison with the new LEA stick formula.The verdict?..After wetting my face and rubbing the stick directly into my stubble,like the new non-tallow version it easily generates a slick,dense protective lather in a short space of time,leaving a wonderful post shave to my face. My skin type loves lanolin ,glycerin & Tallow this humble stick contains all three.The addition of the tallow & coconut oil makes a noticable difference in the lather density & slickness from the non-tallow version IMHO...However,the scent of both sticks is the same,which to my nose a is ' a clean fresh soapy fragrance'.

I've mentioned before, i've taught myself never to judge/doubt a shaving soap or cream because of it's cheap price tag, the vast majority of my shave set ups contain inexpensive soaps & creams which have all performed with satisfactory results. The Vie Long shave stick is absolutely superb, not just for it's price tag, but most importantly for it's performance & post shave feel.As always YMMV.

I intend to give both formulas of these great quality and inexpensive humble shave sticks more attention in future shaves.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD:
A beautiful shave this morning with the Gillette aristocrat and bundubeard coffee! I know I've said this before, but as soon as all my soaps are finished, i wont buy international ones anymore with the exception being arko, because bundubeard is that good! It whips up the creamiest lather with the second best slickness ive ever used and overall its just an absolutely unbeatable soap at an unbeatable price.
We're really lucky to have this stuff in SA for sure!

Razor: Gillette aristocrat 1948 barber pole
Blade: voshkod (5)
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave
Soap: bundubeard coffee 250g puck in bundubeard bowl.
Aftershave balm: prep
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh

DSCF0001mm - Edited (2).jpg
Thursday 08.22.19 SOTD

Pears Transparent Soap face lather and rinse
Muhle R41 / Personna Platinum Chrome Israeli Red (2)
Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complex Black Boar
Arko puck
Aqua Velva Aftershave (Spanish Version) by Williams​

Date:- 22 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Vie-Long Synth. Silvertip Extra Soft Faux Horn 27/52mm knot
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Soap/Cream:- Valobra (4 shaving sticks press into a 250 ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Game Changer .84 / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male

I'm very impressed with the RazoRock Game Changer .84 which is very very close to the Karve Christopher Bradley 'C' base plate (0.85mm) less than 0.01mm aggression rate against the Game Changer 0.84mm, I cannot fault both razors in my den, because, they're both shave very very much the same side by side as a daily driver. Both Karve in Brass and Stainless Steel and also the RazoRock Game Changer .84 are all very smooth close shaver in my den and a real keeper.

Nice shot as usual. That handle is cool. No chance in losing grip on that one.

Thanks, Matt. I am delighted with the new handle. It does indeed have a great grip and also adds just a touch of weight to the Lupo, which is a fine shaver but with its original handle felt toy-like.

It is a Tibam and is called Ohio. The guy in Belarus who makes them has other handles named after US states — but, really, Ohio?? You think it’s because he knows Ohio is the Buckeye state, and his handle looks like it’s been pocked in a buckeye blast?

Thursday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Sandpiper
Soap: Stirling Sandpiper
Razor: Vintage Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler Super Stainless (10)
Brush: Elite Razor Manchurian White-24mmx50mm
Aftershave: Stirling Sandpiper w/Menthol

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Stirling Sandpiper today. 20 seconds to load the Elite Razor Manchurian White brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette “Spoiler” Super Stainless blade still in the Gillette Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Stirling Sandpiper aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Charcoal Goods Stainless Steel L3 Razor
Derby Premium Blade
Taconic Bay Rum Shave Cream
Cremo Horsehair Brush
Harry's Post Shave Balm
Clubman Pinaud Bay Rum

Thursday

Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Best
Soap: Tabac
Razor: '62 H1 Slim Adjustable
Blade: Lord Super Stainless
A/S: Gillette Aftershave Gel, Sensitive Skin
Cologne / Fragrance: Bowling Green

Mike

IMG-2166.JPG

Proraso Preshave Cream / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" soap / WCS Tortoiseshell Collection Silvertip / Merkur Futur / Voskhod / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" splash / Creed "Himalaya" EdP​

Top Bottom