What's new

Fake PolSilver Super Iridiums?

Have used Polsilver Super Iridium (including those from Bulgarian seller) for several years. In my experience, the first shave with each blade is not as smooth as subsequent shaves. Guess the first shave sort of serves for corking.

Well, if you're using Merkur's as your standard and these are performing worse, I'm not holding my breath. Merkur blades shave only slightly better than the Graham Field Preps.

I read a couple of news articles that Gillette was changing the PolSilver blades to the Gillette Platinum from St. Petersburg. So I purchased a 100 and so far they really do seem identical. Could just be my mind but with just 250 PolSilver left I thought I would give them a try before the PolSilver start going higher in price. One article I read said the difference was the coating, platinum vs. iridium. Again not sure as my eastern European language skills are weak at best on a good day.

In my experience, the first shave with each blade is not as smooth as subsequent shaves. Guess the first shave sort of serves for corking.

just tried another one, remembered your comment, so i stropped the blade before i put it in razor. resulted in a nice shave. quite pleased.

About five years ago there was a vendor I ordered from the same town as this guy. She moved over to EBay UK. They both had the blades in the post office within 4 to 6 hours. I google mapped the address and it was a very nice modern office building.

www.bullgooseshaving.com if you need fast delivery, www.polsilver-blades.com 18$ / 100 blades
$25 at the moment
I bought 200 for $28 a few days ago from a Bulgarian seller as well. Prices vary wildly from as low as $11-20 per 100 pack. Just check ebay daily and you will be able to snag a good deal.
I have ordered 200 from Bulgaria for $48
Price went up substantially, apparently three years long rumours of discontinued production might be valid.

B4CB19DB-BA1A-40CA-90E6-C9C6A8DC071C.jpeg
7368D516-F870-4DFA-A216-B42A4087940C.jpeg
I just got two tucks of “dodgy” looking Polsilvers from an E-bay seller in Lithuania...spot the dodgy one!

Have used Polsilver Super Iridium (including those from Bulgarian seller) for several years. In my experience, the first shave with each blade is not as smooth as subsequent shaves. Guess the first shave sort of serves for corking.
You said it, John. In fact, of all the blades I have ever tried (maybe 20 different brands), Polsilver gives me by far the roughest first shave, no matter which razor I use. Subsequent shaves are fine. It's very strange, although some other blades have this characteristic to a lesser extent.

No one seems to have commented on the difference in blade counts or did I miss that? BTW, after John's response of looking into it, nothing else.

marty

The Bulgarian seller saying Polsilver Super Iridium will be discontinued in September is not true. The thing is he probably has a month or two of stock left. The Polsilver Super Iridium has been discontinued in 2017. The last ones had something like November 2017 on the package. And my guess is pretty soon online sellers from Bulgaria will start selling fake Polsilvers. I bought some of those 2 years ago.

Top Bottom