What's new

Grooming Dept club

I picked up a tub of Frankenlime, to join its mates, Maol Grooming Frankenlime aftershave, in both the regular and frosted versions. I'm a huge fan of Maol aftershave performance and scents.

Just picked up Sandalwood. Frankinlime sounded good, and I almost pulled the trigger, but was able to restrain myself. I may just pick up the AS anyway. Good luck to those out there that have been looking to get their hands on some product.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Well, today I thought I would try an experiment to compare using GD pre-shave and not.

I washed my face with Neutrogena liquid soap. I wet my left side of the face and applied lather to the left side of my face. The soap was GD Dapper Mallard. The brush a Kent BK 8. The razor a GEM 1912 with a PTFE blade. I then did a four-pass shave on the left side of my face. The first pass was OK but I could feel the razor struggling a bit. Normally, I would toss the blade and put in a new one. However, I did my usual four pass shave and the results were good. I cleaned up that side of the face with cold water.

Next, I wet the right side of my face and applied a small bit of the GD pre-shave on my face and rubbed it in for about a minute. I then lathered with the same brush and soap. The first pass was very smooth - as smooth as yesterday's shave. Every pass was smooth and effortless. I could feel the slickness when I wet my face before each pass. I cleaned up the right side of my face

I applied WH to my face. The right side of my face was slicker and smoother.

I will stick with the same razor and blade for my Saturday shave.

Kinda telling experiment, isn't it?

I picked up a tub of Frankenlime, to join its mates, Maol Grooming Frankenlime aftershave, in both the regular and frosted versions. I'm a huge fan of Maol aftershave performance and scents.

First time I'm trying the Frankenlime scent. How is it for you? Is it too citrus/lime forward?

Not too big on citrus scents but I am hoping the frankincense and the rose will give the scent more dept and complexity.

First time I'm trying the Frankenlime scent. How is it for you? Is it too citrus/lime forward?

Not too big on citrus scents but I am hoping the frankincense and the rose will give the scent more dept and complexity.

That was my concern as well. I'm not huge into citrus, so made it easier to hold back on this one. A frankincense and rose forward soap would be interesting, though.

My sniffer's not the best, but I actually sense very little lime in this aftershave. All of the Maol scents are complex and difficult for me to describe, except Marlogue Wood is very woodsy.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
proxy.php

Ordered.

That was my concern as well. I'm not huge into citrus, so made it easier to hold back on this one. A frankincense and rose forward soap would be interesting, though.

Right, I was thinking of sitting this one out too. It's one of those scents I don't appreciate as much, maybe because I come across citrus scents like lime and oranges in a lot of air fresheners. My mind somehow associated it with that.

With that said, I figured, okay since I read some pretty good reviews about MAOL, I think I should try just to get an idea what they are about and how they formulate their scents. Fingers crossed.

My sniffer's not the best, but I actually sense very little lime in this aftershave. All of the Maol scents are complex and difficult for me to describe, except Marlogue Wood is very woodsy.

That actually sounds great. Thanks mate.

That Cascade with Sichuan Pepper really threw me. I can't fathom putting that on my face.

Hahaha..!

On that note, I remember Amouage's Journeyman had Sichuan Pepper as one of it's accord. It's an interesting scent, spicy, but pretty much stays in the background.

Right, I was thinking of sitting this one out too. It's one of those scents I don't appreciate as much, maybe because I come across citrus scents like lime and oranges in a lot of air fresheners. My mind somehow associated it with that.

With that said, I figured, okay since I read some pretty good reviews about MAOL, I think I should try just to get an idea what they are about and how they formulate their scents. Fingers crossed.

That actually sounds great. Thanks mate.
I have been using Maol Grooming FrankinLime AS after shaving with Grooming Dept Citric and it works well with that soap. I liked FrankinLime AS so much I ordered Grooming Dept FrankinLime soap. This Fall when I get off the road I plan on getting more Maol Grooming aftershave products. FrankinLime AS has a really natural feel to it--none of that air freshener type scent you to which you allude. More of a lime kicker with something else added to it.

I'm not much for lime scented shave products so I passed on Frankenlime. I purchased GD Island in the Sun which was not for me (scent) and sent it to a new home. I did, however, pickup Voyage and Cascade. I just can't seem to pass on a GD release... I have issues!

I have been using Maol Grooming FrankinLime AS after shaving with Grooming Dept Citric and it works well with that soap. I liked FrankinLime AS so much I ordered Grooming Dept FrankinLime soap. This Fall when I get off the road I plan on getting more Maol Grooming aftershave products. FrankinLime AS has a really natural feel to it--none of that air freshener type scent you to which you allude. More of a lime kicker with something else added to it.

I'm glad to hear that, it's precisely the synthetic and/or heavy citrus smell that I try to avoid.

I have seen MAOL mentioned from time to time but I wasn't as lucky to snag one of their aftershaves. I figured this would be the next best thing so I could try their approach to their scents. I cloy easy so I'm on the hunt for good aftershaves that has a good skinfood content.

Top Bottom